Big Rydex Buy

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:37 PM

In the past, those $100M+ moves did end up being a turn or continuation, but now (since Sept 2006) they are always pulled out in a few days if that long. NQ futures dropped 2-3 pts from a little before 4pm until 4:15pm, so I would venture to guess when we wake up in the morning we will see that $150M taken out of the NDX dynamic fund.

#12 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:40 PM

Shift OTC Dynamic Bull
$150,022,617

This all came out of the Money Market fund and it had been there for a while. Somebody has waited a while to go 2X long the Naz.

$150 million ! how often do you see moves like that, I guess that must be a rare event ?

Actually not rare at all ......it moves almost every couple of weeks!

The 147.2 mil in question that just moved usually helps push the market higher and then ....when it comes out,,, well you know the

market is "usually" moved or is controlled lower. However, not always, I have seen it sneak out a few times like on any given

Friday and with little affect, and then simply return on the following Wednesday,.. just before the Repo Thursday.

If this wasn't such a consistent phenomenon I would be worried about the lack of Rydex sideline money as it

pushes the money market into a very low level. Frankly there aren't many others players in there with that kind of power.

Yes, most of this large amount used exclusively for the DYN OTC long and sometimes short fund is controlled by one entity.

;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 16 February 2007 - 11:41 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#13 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:14 PM

As mentioned this chunk of money has been moving like this for months and months and it decided to sneak out again on a

Friday, hmm see previous post,.. with no adverse affects,...now if the market decides to drop following a

weekend it will come back in for support.

Out of the 147.2 mil bet bullish on Thursday,...... 141.3 quietly and quickly moved back to replenished the
money market fund.

Name Symbol.. 02/16 ...... .... 02/15

Dynamic OTC RYVYX ... -141.3 ,,, +147.2

Money Market RYMXX 1293.0,,,,,, 1067.3

In my opinion anyone who follows this closely would be able to tell the same information and,...that this is

one player throwing RYDEX sentiment WAY OFF and has been for months.

;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 19 February 2007 - 11:17 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#14 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:42 PM

I stopped using my RYDEX sentiment indicator several months back as it doesn't work as before. :wacko: I have switched to the VXN and up/down volume as a substitute for sentiment.

Edited by Chilidawgz, 19 February 2007 - 11:43 PM.

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer