• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:46 AM

2/22 prior to the market open premkt low so far is 1 penny above the 200week sma note the 20week sma is 49.41 note the PnF chart and weekly show H resist zone 50-51 note one long-term monthly rising tops line vs. today's price action and H resist..terminates approx. $47 WFMI announced earnings last night and it is buying OATS for 18.50 per share two upgrades today so far...UBS and William Blair

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:22 AM

until today, the 15-week sma has represented resist.....46.71 sma value vs. swing high of 46.67

Edited by hiker, 22 February 2007 - 09:23 AM.

#3 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:23 AM

2/22 prior to the market open

premkt low so far is 1 penny above the 200week sma

note the 20week sma is 49.41

note the PnF chart and weekly show H resist zone 50-51

note one long-term monthly rising tops line vs. today's price action and H resist..terminates approx. $47

WFMI announced earnings last night and it is buying OATS for 18.50 per share

two upgrades today so far...UBS and William Blair

A quick look at history and some stats:
If your thinking short here:
+Thursdays are really bad for closing large gap ups on this particular stock. Any way I slice it:
25% - 40% closure history.
+I would use 10:30 as a stop time limit if you trade the short route. Trend up will likely hit if not
closed.

If your thinking long:
+ Again 10:30 is an important time pivot.

I'm interested in how people are going to play this... the more detail the better:).

#4 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:24 AM

I am long...staying long...will give it some time unless a sustained move below 46.60 or so occurs. the stock that many love to hate. going to be a $10B grocer some day...some trades are worth holding over time if good entry is obtained. the previously broken rising tops montly t/l has a chance of offering support again if this stock can sustain a move back above...will post the chart at day's end when time allows....this is the most operative aspect of this trade.

Edited by hiker, 22 February 2007 - 09:29 AM.

#5 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:47 AM

I am long...staying long...will give it some time unless a sustained move below 46.60 or so occurs.

the stock that many love to hate. going to be a $10B grocer some day...some trades are worth holding over time if good entry is obtained.

the previously broken rising tops montly t/l has a chance of offering support again if this stock can sustain a move back above...will post the chart at day's end when time allows....this is the most operative aspect of this trade.

short here at 50. target is open.

#6 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:49 AM

you check the termination value of the rising bottoms t/l on the weekly? the broken one that remains broken...it resides below the top of the unfilled gap shorts are not going to fare well on any sustained move above the 20wk sma, if any

Edited by hiker, 22 February 2007 - 09:51 AM.

#7 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:45 AM

I am long...staying long...will give it some time unless a sustained move below 46.60 or so occurs.

the stock that many love to hate. going to be a $10B grocer some day...some trades are worth holding over time if good entry is obtained.

the previously broken rising tops montly t/l has a chance of offering support again if this stock can sustain a move back above...will post the chart at day's end when time allows....this is the most operative aspect of this trade.

My bad. Time limit reached; hard stop at 50.81; May look long depending on market. and out of short.
0.81 loss.

#8 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:48 AM

note the current test of the 5 sma on the 13 minute...the 3 minute MA's are also worth monitoring