Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:19 PM

i dont see a word about the stock market....lmao

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:42 AM

His comments are directly related to the bond market and rates... I hate when you only ridicule any correction idea, you show up at the tops, then the correction comes and you disappear for a while. Somebody should download the dates of your posts and plot their frequency on a chart and overlay with the market activity to prove it... - kisa

#5 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:20 AM

BTW, this is the last conclusion paragraph, but I doubt you will understand it...

Beyond the payback, however, I think the risks lie in the other direction, and both the economy’s resilience and inflation risks may once again resurface. For example, prices for imported consumer goods excluding autos and parts rose by 1.5% in January year/year — the largest annual rise in such prices in a decade. Perhaps the disinflationary impetus from Chinese exports is waning. These crosscurrents in activity and inflation may finally push up volatility in financial markets. From the Fed’s standpoint, that may not be such a bad thing. At a time when low volatility has encouraged risk taking, perhaps to excess, a pickup in volatility might remind investors that higher risk usually accompanies higher returns. And if it simultaneously increased term premiums at the long end of the yield curve, higher volatility would modestly add to financial restraint, perhaps relieving the Fed of some of that inflation anxiety.

I guess the stock market is not a financial market...

- kisa

#6 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:10 PM

"crosscurrents in activity and inflation may finally push up volatility in financial markets.".....lol....clear as mud "you show up at the tops,".....bull crap......which lower top are u talking about......geeziz......