• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:10 PM

Guests, (non-registered viewers of Traders-Talk.com) please register, ASAP. It's not confirmed as yet, but we will be blocking access to all non-registered users, hoping to take some of the the load off the servers. We're still looking into the details, but you'll probably want to get registered now, as you may not be approved as quickly as you like if we're busy with other stuff. Just a heads up. We're NOT laying down on the job. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:40 PM

Unless you are somehow monetizing visits from non registered users, who cares about them anyway, as they can't post anything.

#3 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:35 PM

Guests, (non-registered viewers of Traders-Talk.com) please register, ASAP.

It's not confirmed as yet, but we will be blocking access to all non-registered users, hoping to take some of the the load off the servers. We're still looking into the details, but you'll probably want to get registered now, as you may not be approved as quickly as you like if we're busy with other stuff.

Just a heads up. We're NOT laying down on the job.

Mark

Interesting, but it makes it much more difficult to pick up new users. I suppose you can toggle that feature off after awhile and see if the attacks have stopped.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:08 PM

It's a temporary thing, but really, our users ought to register. It's not like we spam you or anything. Maybe two emails a year. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#5 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:00 PM

Mark,

If you need help ............ I look and fix it remotely for you ..

Hank

computer geek here

may fix it myself :-)

let me know

Guests, (non-registered viewers of Traders-Talk.com) please register, ASAP.

It's not confirmed as yet, but we will be blocking access to all non-registered users, hoping to take some of the the load off the servers. We're still looking into the details, but you'll probably want to get registered now, as you may not be approved as quickly as you like if we're busy with other stuff.

Just a heads up. We're NOT laying down on the job.

Mark