Electronic markets open almost unchanged

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:25 PM

At 6:24 PM ET Naz (NQH07) -2, Gold (GCJ07) unch In case you are sweating it. I have been only daytrading for quite some time. Regards, F&D
"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D

#2 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:14 PM

Slowleee, slowleee, catcheee monkeee.

A skillful pro can probably distribute ten or twenty thousand ES contracts before the market opens tomorrow -- but obviously not all at once. You have to tease those bids onto your screen ever so carefully . . . :D
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#3 newportsurf

newportsurf

• Traders-Talk User
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:16 PM

This is my first post after a few months lurking . I have enjoyed and respect all of the traders for spending the time... Thanks for such a killer site! My obbservation is the ES is down 6 points, and Bonds up 15 ticks. Looks like they ar breaking out... Volume is light though.... Any thoughts? Stop runing? Newport YM now down 43 points...........

Edited by newportsurf, 04 March 2007 - 07:24 PM.

#4 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:26 PM

At 6:24 PM ET

Naz (NQH07) -2,

Gold (GCJ07) unch

In case you are sweating it.

I have been only daytrading for quite some time.

Regards,

F&D

When was the last that the maket gapped up and stayed up.....Gapped down and stayed down?
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#5 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:29 PM

This is my first post after a few months lurking . I have enjoyed and respect all of the traders for spending the time... Thanks for such a killer site!

My obbservation is the ES is down 6 points, and Bonds up 15 ticks. Looks like they ar breaking out... Volume is light though.... Any thoughts? Stop runing?

Newport

YM now down 43 points...........

More likely front-running than stop-running. Niki's down > 300.

#6 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:36 PM

As we speak the spx and the dollar-yen are headed down. If you are using carried money, you have to be a tad scared sh*tless.

#7 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:42 PM

... you have to be a tad scared sh*tless.

that's like being a little pregnant :P .

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#8 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:52 PM

As we speak the spx and the dollar-yen are headed down. If you are using carried money, you have to be a tad scared sh*tless.

In that case, you just do what you gotta do. For those hedgehogs who borrowed in yen to buy the subprime crap their prime brokers have been securitizing, the choice is simple. Since there is no bid for subprime paper right now (and I mean no bid at all -- as in zippo, nada), and since every time the yen ticks up the loan you leveraged 6 or 8 or 20 to 1 gets more expensive to repay, you sell what you can sell. And guess what that is? :D

#9 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:02 PM

"Hedgehogs" Perfect description!

Posted Image

#10 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:55 PM

OK, now someone help me out. The dollar yen relationship took a similar dive in Dec 05 while the SPX consolidated. It also took a similar magnitude drop between Oct-Dec 2006 and the SPX rose.

http://www.futuresou.......;b=LINE&st=

Echo