subprime = sub

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:26 PM

i use tradestation and see after hour closing prices as follows: New$ 10.92 Fmt $ 7.13 both are much lower than NYSE closes...anyone confirm if these are good? CFC is the potential hook coming, and potentially big...they are the big player and will soon announce where they stand in all this...stay tuned.

#2 Shazzam

Shazzam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 258 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:54 PM

i use tradestation and see after hour closing prices as follows:

New$ 10.92
Fmt $ 7.13

both are much lower than NYSE closes...anyone confirm if these are good? CFC is the potential hook coming, and potentially big...they are the big player and will soon announce where they stand in all this...stay tuned.

News out on both stocks after the close Friday and both traded down after hours.

#3 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:10 AM

i use tradestation and see after hour closing prices as follows:

New$ 10.92
Fmt $ 7.13

both are much lower than NYSE closes...anyone confirm if these are good? CFC is the potential hook coming, and potentially big...they are the big player and will soon announce where they stand in all this...stay tuned.

News out on both stocks after the close Friday and both traded down after hours.

Sort of like saying there was "news" out on the Titanic. :D

FMT's principal subsidiary, Fremont Investment & Loan, is out of business -- shut down by the FDIC. It's called a "cease and desist" order. If you're a shareholder, you're only hope is that some vulture pays enough for the carcass for you to recover something. I wouldn't count on it.

NEW is under criminal investigation for fraud. This means they're in violation of the loan covenants with their warehouse lenders. If the lenders aren't willing to waive these covenants, NEW is out of business.

I have been pounding the table here about subprime in general and NEW in particular for months. Now that it's too late, maybe folks will finally wise up. The fat lady is singing, people: that means GAME OVER.

:bear:
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#4 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:55 AM

jawndissedi: You are to be complimented on your prediction of sub-prime debacle for quite some time here on this board.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule