• 72 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:27 AM

Thanks Charles. I was wondering about that. - Joe

#42 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:38 AM

Thanks, Charles, and enjoy -- that is a heck of a trip you've got planned. "Resort Casual," right? :) Doug

#43 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:10 PM

Doug, Resort casual is about right. Norwegian Cruise Line is a pretty informal line. No dressing up needed for dinner except for the Captain's dinner and formal night. Other than those 2 dinners resort casual. Nice price bounce back today. Would have liked to have had more volume. Charles

#44 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:21 AM

:) Charles have a great time, relax and have fun. All work and no play makes a dull trader. :D Thanks for your posts, mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#45 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:44 AM

Yesterday was the 4th distribution day on the Nasdaq in last 4 weeks. The Nasdaq seems to be the week sister here in this uptrend. I think that DIA(the ETF Dow Industrials) may be a better bet from here. I have entered an order to sell all of my QQQQ's and will buy DIA's with the full proceeds of that sale to ride the rest of this uptrend to its finish. Will post the exit price of the QQQQ's & entry price of the DIA'a later this morning. Charles

#46 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:06 AM

Sold all QQQQ's at $46.31 Profit on 1st purchase +4.86% Profit on 2nd purchase +4.81% Bought DIA's with full proceeds of QQQQ sale. Bought DIA's at $134.52 So will ride the rest of the uptrend with SPY & DIA. No idea how far the uptrend will go from here. My wife & I are all packed now. Will go to thec airport this afternoon to catch a plane to Heathrow Airport in England. Will board the Norwegian Dream at 1:00PM tomorrow afternoon and head for the Baltic. Good trading everyone. Charles

#47 cp1

cp1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:48 PM

I am new to this board, excuse my ignorance. What is an "acculmation day"? CP

#48 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:42 PM

Not Charles, but Charles's son, Mike here. At my folks condo checking that everything is all right. cp1, I think the general definition of a broad market accumulation day is when the general market advances strongly with higher volume than the previous day or days. It is thought to mean that the big money, mainly institional money is buying. That heavy buying is what pushes up prices. That is the theory. Have not heard from my folks since they left Wednesday. Think they were in Estonia today. At sea now on their way to St. Petersburg, Russia. Mike

#49 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:57 PM

Today is surely a distribution day. Help!! :) Anyone know where we are in the count? Much thanks.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#50 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:16 AM

This is Mike, Charles's son. Talked to my father this morning in Sweden. He is making no changes in his trading account. Said the Big Picture colume in this morning's IBD explaines why he thinks this way. So anyone interested should read it. One other point. He wants to be sure everyone reading this understands he is not offering any advice to anyone about anything. This thread is just a record of his own trades in his trading account. His lawyer has talked to him about this and advised him to stop posting these trades in real time and he wants everyone to understand this. HE IS OFFERING NO ADVICE ON ANYTHING. Mike