IBD---The Big Picture

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#51 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:16 AM

Thanks, Mike. Tell your dad thanks too. Hope they are having a great time.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#52 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:02 PM

His lawyer has talked to him about this and advised him to stop posting these trades in real time and he wants everyone to understand this. HE IS OFFERING NO ADVICE ON ANYTHING.

Mike, thank you, and that is indeed well understood. It burns my butt that there is the feeling of need to protect oneself as the lawyer advises, (SHEESH!), but I guess that's just the way things are now.

P.S. I also have to say that Charles is a heck of a nice guy, and there's no BS with him, no silly ego-driven baloney.

Best,

Doug

Edited by PorkLoin, 25 May 2007 - 03:04 PM.

#53 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:34 PM

So sad. :angry:
"tort lawsuits cost over 2 percent of our Gross Domestic Product (GDP), or over $250 billion in tort costs to our economy."
All one needs is deep pockets and he's a target for a lawyer looking for a lottery ticket.

I know. I watch Boston Legal.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 May 2007 - 09:35 PM.

#54 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:23 AM

Brief update on my trade: Have made no changes since I sold QQQQ's & replaced them with DIA on 5/16/2007. Present status of trade: 1st purchase of SPY's up + 7.34% since buy. 2nd purchase of SPY's up +7.72% since buy. purchase of DIA's up +1.82% since buy. Also: Made a profit of +4.81% on closed QQQQ position which was part of this buy signal and reported above in real time.. What I have been posting the last 4 plus years here & earlier on FF is simply a diary of my trades in trading account posted in real time. Not ment to be any advise to anyone to do anything. Anyone who has acted on anything I have posted in the last 4+ years has made money doing so. Still my lawyer has told me I must stop posting in as explicitly and in real time as I have been doing. I will post when I close this trade after getting a sell signal, but must stop posting real time trades in the future. Am sorry to have to do this, as I find that it focuses my mind keeping this journal. I think I mentioned earlier that my son is a financial planner associated with DFA. He has a graduate degree(masters) from the University of Chicago in finance and has never been sued. Still his malpractice insurance is one of his biggest expenses of doing business. I guess that is just the way it is. Charles

#55 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:13 PM

A brief update of my trading account: No change in my positions since last post 2 weeks ago. 1st purchase of SPY's as of Friday closing: Up + 7.34% 2nd purchase of SPY's as Friday closing: Up +7.72% purchase of DIA's as of Fridays close: Up +1.82% Also a +4.81% profit on closed position in QQQQ's. Bought the DIA's with proceeds of that sale. The posts I have been making here & earlier on FF for the last 4+ years have been simply a diary of all my trades in my trading account. They are not ment to give guiendence to anyone. They are not a recomendation to anyone to do anything. Still my attorney has told me I must stop posting these trades here in real time. I think I wrote earlier that my son is a Financial Planner associated with Dementional Fund Advisors. Has been for 6 years. Even though he has an advanced degree(masters) in finance from the University of Chicago and never been sued in the 6 years he has been in business his malpractice insurance is one of his biggest expenses of doing business. I will post the exit from this trade when I get the signal to do so, but then will have to stop posting real time trades. Best wishes, Charles

#56 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:20 PM

:angry: I understand as I also had to start being very vague about trades and how I suggested stocks. Too bad, but keep posting ideas etc. knowledge is powerful. Thanks for all your postings. mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#57 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:29 AM

Yesterday was the 6th distribution day for Nasdaq Composit. For me the sell signal in trading account. Sold all DIA's & SPY's about 20 minuets ago. Sold DIA's for a profit of 0.84% since buy last month. Also collected .38 cents per share in dividends while holding position. Sold 1st buy of SPY's for a profit of 6.45%. Sold 2nd buy of SPY's for a profit of 6.83% Had a profit of 4.81% on QQQQ's I sold to buy the DIA's. All were part of this buy signal. Moving total proceeds to SHY's(1-3 year treasury ETF) until next buy signal. Have no idea when that will be. I regret I am going to have to stop posting these trades here in real time. My attorney's orders. No point in having a dog and barking myself. Guess it is just the way the world is. Good trading everyone. Charles

#58 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:09 PM

It's been a pleasure to watch your system, Tuffy. Crazy world that even stating what you are doing can open up a can of worms for you. But it is what it is, sadly. Thanks for sharing the ones you did.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#59 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:13 AM

Tuffy-I am surprised you sold all when IBD market pulse still says we are in a confirmed rally. Could Tuffy or some one explain this to me,

#60 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:55 PM

ww4321 The naz hit 6 distribution days twice in a weel or so. Even though IBD still calls the market in a confirmed rally(at least as of this morning) I decided to err on the side of safety and closed out the position yesterday morning and went to SHY to ride out the storm. Charles