Anyone still trading AAPL?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

I just built a simple trading system and took a buy on apple today at $123. My initial stop is at 120.74.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#2 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:18 PM

:)
Hi SB,
Am watching for the time being, sold my last trade on 6/7 around $125, did not buy the dip. Will buy when AAPL settles down as to direction. I never short AAPL, will stay out if it fails to break triangle - up on volume. I expect some consolidation here maybe a drift down. The "i-phone" comes out 6/29 but I think hype has done all it's going to do. Been wrong before so TWT B)

Posted Image

Best to you, mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#3 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:39 PM

Nothing beats trading an over-hyped stock with a PE of 44. Hey, lets ramp it up to 100. Waiting for the end of day numbers to be available in my data download so that I can see what my stop loss tool moves the stop up to. Think I'll run over to the hardware store in the meanwhile.

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

I buy AAPL frequently on a market signal as part of a stock basket. Got the market signal today so own it near the close. Looking at Mss's chart with all those indicator lows above lows and the reversal day itself in the stock price, I think if the market pops tomorrow, AAPL could try its recent highs at 125-127. Good luck to both of us, and Mss -- thanks for the chart.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#5 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:13 PM

:)
Welcome to the dark side diogenes227 ;) Glad to see your post, keep them coming as we need more opinions over here. If you will look over some of the older threads on AAPL on this board you will find alot of traders, also some good ideas. Again welcome,
mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#6 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:01 PM

Well, the added volatility caused me stop loss tool to reset itself, and widen today. So my intial stop goe in at 118.64. Now the dog is running, we shall see.

#7 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:57 PM

FYI, SB: Sold AAPL on the close Friday. Lost a point. The market plopped instead of popped. I'd rather not be holding any more risk just in case the market wants to dive instead of dip. Will buy AAPL again when market turns up which I suspect will be soon (maybe Monday).

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#8 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

I'm just killing time on this one while I'm building some new systems. So far it's up a bit today. I'll push my stop up a bit end of day.

#9 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:03 PM

Well that upside this morning didn't last....down she goes.

#10 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:07 AM

Stop to 120.74. So far, hanging in there.