Photo

Opinion for Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2004

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Poll: your opinion (125 member(s) have cast votes)

your opinion

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:58 PM

please vote
"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D

#2 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 04:41 PM

FD, like your daily polls you there. BTW...had u kept a statistics of how the poll being doing? Maybe it's just me but of recent...like the past month...whatever the majority of the voting has being (which as being mostly BULLISH voting) the next day the market had moved in the opposite direction (in my case, i'm tracking the nasdaq/techs.) thanks again.

#3 TL Trader

TL Trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 669 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:43 PM

I've also noticed that more often than not the market will close in the opposite direction of the majority vote.
In trading, the easy thing to do is, by and large, the wrong thing to do.

#4 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 06:28 PM

It is not my poll, I have taken it over from Darris. Whatever happened to Darris? I have been plotting the results and there seems to be a tendency for the move to slow or reverse if the bull/bear ratio is over 2:1 either way. I have a feeling that if we plotted this against volume shifts it would be more valuable. I am also watching the Sentiment.com front page sentiment gauge and the MarketVolume sentiment numbers. After plotting these three for a while I am at a point of looking only at the FF pol and the Sentiment.com poll. What I would like to see (Mark are you reading this?) is a continuous poll where the opinion is stored for 24 hrs, as new opinons are registered the old ones fall off, after all the markets are fluid now. That way we could see the shifts pre-market during the market and post-market. I do not know of course if this would be technically feasible. :D
"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D

#5 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 06:43 PM

thanks FD on the reply...the poll looks bullish again...hmm...drop below Nasdaq 2000 again tomorrow??? :blink:

#6 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 09:45 AM

FD...this has been a good s/t indicator of recent...almost to 2 to 1 bullish and the result... the markets is falling :o