• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:53 PM

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=0&mn=6&dy=0&i=p77850608334&a=113511538&r=1010.png
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:35 PM

as of 3:33pm ET..the horizontal line marking the move has been surpassed. folks are believing it..SPY now at 148.66 with day high just above

#3 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

hi guys, Yeah, looks like a general market bottom here. Will add to longs on a pullback. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:21 PM

mss, Great chart. The lows above lows in the RSI are also quite compelling. Thanks for the post.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#5 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

:(
This does not look good for tomorrow. TWT, but consolidation is very likely and another 20 point day is not suggested..............unless it's down.

Posted Image

mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.

#6 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:10 AM

mss,

This does not look good for tomorrow. TWT, but consolidation is very likely and another 20 point day is not suggested..............unless it's down.

I certainly don't think it is wise to chase longs here. The question is do you buy the pullback or watch and wait to see if another big leg down is coming? We should mark a little time here and consolidate/successfully retest the lows if another big leg down is to be avoided. And that is pretty much what I expect from here. We'll see.

I like those charts. How do you find the time? I've got young kids off on school break and I have very little time right now to follow the markets.

cheers,

john

Edited by SilentOne, 09 August 2007 - 03:11 AM.

"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#7 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:14 AM

:) A trip down on the ratio would be nice IF it did not go below the other lows. I think we see several days of chop as suggested before, but in a consolidation mode, rather than a declining channel. How do I have time, too old for young kids, grandchildren live 2hr away, and my days are filled as I wont to fill them. Make pretty good change position trading, and when bored, will day trade some. :blush: Consult to some accounts and a few board mettings, but mostly do as I darn please. :D :cat:

#8 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:17 PM

$SPX bottoms today. I added my last tranche of Oct. 149 calls. :ninja: If I'm wrong, we are in a heap of trouble. cheers, john

#9 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:54 PM

woops!!

#10 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:46 PM

So, are you saying, "We're not there yet, but we're getting into position where we may be close?"

Mark

I'm saying that 1420+/- should/might hold. If it does not then 1375/85 next level of holding.
Yes we will get more bounces as we are in a choppy decline of some sort, not yet defined, time wise nor depth wise.
mss

:(
The sad part, I did not really believe my own post. I was sure 1420ish would hold so I bought some stuff, back in cash, bought, back in cash.
Well after today 1355/60 is starting to look in play, and I'm paying attetion this time. B)

mss

Edited by mss, 15 August 2007 - 04:47 PM.