Pit Bulls attack

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#11 Gary Smith

Gary Smith

• Traders-Talk User
  • 887 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:04 AM

I agree about banning pit bulls. In most of the attacks I read about in my state, they seem to have a predilection for attacking very young children including tots. I would never minimize their danger, but as a matter of fair disclosure, my encounters with pit bulls the past several years have been anything but scary. Much to my surprise, the three or four I got to know very well, especially the females, were some of the friendliest dogs imaginable. If anything, they were a nuisance because they always wanted to lick you to death.

Edited by Gary Smith, 19 November 2007 - 12:05 AM.

#12 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:00 PM

always wanted to lick you to death.

They are wonderful pets for their owners.
Very protective.
Deadly protective.

#13 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:50 AM

Posted Image

#14 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:00 AM

:D
THIS PLACE HAS GONE TO THE DOGS :P
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#15 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:15 PM

HOW TO INSTALL A HOME SECURITY SYSTEM WHEN ON A BUDGET: 1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots. 2. Place them on your front porch, along with several empty beer cans, a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine and several NRA magazines. 3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazines. 4. Leave a note on your door that reads: "Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke and Slim, I went to the gun shop for more ammunition. Back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls -- they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad. I don't think Killer took part in it but it was hard to tell from all the blood. PS - I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside." INSTALLATION COMPLETE!!!!

Edited by mss, 20 November 2007 - 12:17 PM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#16 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:35 PM

Pit bull mauls Muskogee toddler

By The Associated Press
7/31/2008 6:24 PM

MUSKOGEE -- A Muskogee toddler is recovering from bites to her head and face after being mauled by her family's pit bull terrier.

#17 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:04 PM

Two children attacked, mauled by pit bulls
11/12/2008
Two children were rushed to St. Francis Hospital on Wednesday morning after being attacked by a pair of pit bulls, officials said.
EMSA spokeswoman Tina Wells said an 18-month-old girl and a 4-year-old boy were taken to the hospital with traumatic injuries.
The children were being watched by a neighbor whose pit bulls mauled the children.

#18 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,019 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:52 AM

A pair of pit bulls is a BAD thing to have around children. VERY bad. On a less horrific note, if you have cats but think "Wishbone" is too cute and want a Jack Russell, think twice. It's a relatively common thing for JRT owners to come home to a dead family cat and an innocent looking dog. This even happens with pets what have lived with each other without incident for years. Some animals are just killers. They're bred for it. You can train against certain behaviors, but if the right trigger is hit disaster can strike and the animal will only be doing with 100's of years of breeding is telling it to do. Know your breed, know the risks, and do NOT assume that your happy alpha dog status extends to children, neighbors, or other cat's and dogs. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#19 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:31 PM

Grandfather mauled to death by pit bulls...
Dec 19, 2008
RUBIDOUX, Calif. -- A Rubidoux man was attacked and killed Friday by his family's two pit bulls, a sheriff's sergeant said.
About noon, the grandfather of the house, located at 5787 Kenwood Place, stepped outside to smoke a cigarette.
The animals attacked the man unprovoked.
One relative was home at the time of the attack and was unable to stop the dogs. The man died inside the home before paramedics could render any aid.
The dogs were captured and will be euthanized, Gutierrez said.

Comments:

30 years of working in an Emergency Room and 9 out of 10 dog attacks we see are Pit Bulls.Other dog bites are minor, compared to the major tissue damage and even death by these brutal beasts. We don't allow people to own Tigers, Lions and Killer Whales, so why are these wild animals sold to home owners? The only way to eliminate them is for insurance companies to drop the homeowners policy when the dog is reported by neighbors

Edited by Rogerdodger, 20 December 2008 - 08:41 PM.

#20 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:05 PM

I love it when a family's pit bull dog rips off the baby's face. :angry:
How many more defenseless babies will be needlessly attacked by the "loving family pet"?
Miniature horses have been banned as pets here, but pit bulls are just fine.

Toddler mauled by family's pit bull

By JARREL WADE World Staff Writer
Published: 11/6/2009 11:41 PM
Last Modified: 11/6/2009 11:51 PM

A 1-year-old girl was in critical condition at St. Francis Hospital after a pit bull attacked her Friday at her family's home in the 3400 block of South 149th East Avenue, officials said.
According to police reports, the girl found her way into the backyard while the dog was eating about 5 p.m.
Her mother and grandmother rescued her from the dog's jaws, Tulsa Police Cpl. Mark Groves said. The child had significant injuries to her face and skull, and she lost a lot of blood, Her family tried to drive her to a hospital, but EMSA spokeswoman Tina Wells said an ambulance met them at 41st Street and 129th East Avenue.
Groves said the child was unconscious when the ambulance reached her and that EMSA medics revived her with CPR.
The girl was in critical condition, she said.

Groves said Animal Control officers took the dog into custody.

(But not the child?)

Posted Image
Evil miniature horses are banned in Tulsa!

Get one of these for your baby!
Posted Image
Posted Image
More Attacks

According to the Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study, 68% of the attacks upon children, 82% of the attacks upon adults, 65% of the deaths, and 68% of the maimings. In more than two-thirds of the cases included in the study, the life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question. Clifton states:

If almost any other dog has a bad moment, someone may get bitten, but will not be maimed for life or killed, and the actuarial risk is accordingly reasonable. If a pit bull terrier or a Rottweiler has a bad moment, often someone is maimed or killed--and that has now created off-the-chart actuarial risk, for which the dogs as well as their victims are paying the price.

Clifton's opinions are as interesting as his statistics. For example, he says, "Pit bulls and Rottweilers are accordingly dogs who not only must be handled with special precautions, but also must be regulated with special requirements appropriate to the risk they may pose to the public and other animals, if they are to be kept at all."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 07 November 2009 - 09:18 PM.