• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

Three “Knockout” Attacks Reported In Philadelphia Area

Videos from cities around the country show people being punched and beaten at random.
The attackers are calling their crimes a game, the goal being to knock out the victim with one punch.

Mark Cumberland is a victim of a “Knockout” assault.

“Someone asked me for a cigarette and by the time I got my hands out my pocket I was getting hit by four kids.”

He says, “It was hard seeing and I’m still having trouble breathing and swallowing.”

Cumberland was walking out of a Fox Chase pizza shop on November 11th when he was attacked.

“There’s no reason at all. I mean, I didn’t get robbed, they didn’t take nothing from me. They just beat me up.”

An elderly man was also attacked when he was mowing his lawn outside of his home.

Bruce Myer, a neighbor of the elderly victim says, “A kid came up to him and just punched him in the mouth. He ended up laying in the street with his lawnmower.”

The only apparent motive in these attacks, as in all “Knockout” attacks, is to inflict injury on a random victim.

http://philadelphia....ladelphia-area/

New York City police authorities are investigating a series of unprovoked physical attacks in public places on people who are Jewish, in the form of what is called "the knockout game."

Read more: http://www.realclear...l#ixzz2lIIrMRlF
Follow us: @RCP_Articles on Twitter

Teen Playing 'Knockout Game' Shot Twice by Victim

WILX in Lansing reported that teenager Marvell Weaver, who is black, tried to knock out a father who was standing at a bus stop waiting for his daughter to arrive. Instead of simply punching the father, Weaver tried a variation on the "game" by trying to taze the man. The taser malfunctioned, and the father pulled a .40 cal handgun and shot the teenager twice.

Weaver admits to previously knocking out six or seven people on other days before targeting the man who shot him.

http://www.breitbart...Gets-Shot-Twice
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#12 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

Nifong’s conduct in this case is the most unethical of any district attorney I have ever seen; I cannot recall a case in the last 15-20 years in which this many procedural violations were known at this stage of the process.

The media, of course, were not initially quiet: led by the New York Times, early coverage all but had the players tried and convicted. The case fit into a comfortable narrative for a media elite of out-of-control wealthy white athletes violating a poor African-American woman. As the case has collapsed, most media—with the crucial exception of the Raleigh News & Observer and CBS’s 60 Minutes—abandoned interest in the affair, rather than revisiting their early flawed reporting. The New York Times, meanwhile, published a widely ridiculed August article that read more like a public relations piece for Nifong than a piece of journalism. The article contained four out-and-out errors of fact, all of which tilted the story in favor of the prosecution, and all of which the Times refused to correct…

In the first week of the investigation (March 16-23), Duke administrators actively assisted the state. Without informing President Richard Brodhead, administrators demanded from the captains a candid account of the evening’s events, allegedly citing a non-existent “student-faculty” privilege to encourage the captains to disclose any criminal activity. Multiple sources told me that Coach Mike Pressler, apparently acting on orders from above, instructed the other players not to tell their parents about the police inquiry. Meanwhile, Dean Sue Wasiolek arranged for a local lawyer, Wes Covington, to act as a “facilitator” in arranging for a group meeting with police.

Houston Baker, a professor of English and Afro-American Studies, issued a public letter denouncing the “abhorrent sexual assault, verbal racial violence, and drunken white male privilege loosed amongst us” and demanding the “immediate dismissals” of “the team itself and its players.” Then, on April 6, 88 members of Duke’s arts and sciences faculty signed a public statement saying “thank you” to campus demonstrators who had distributed a “wanted” poster of the lacrosse players and publicly branded the players “rapists.”

Johnson’s book is called Until Proven Innocent: Political Correctness and the Shameful Injustices of the Duke Lacrosse Rape Case. Nifong would appear to be getting his due. What about the others?

http://www.dinocrat....nly-guilty-one/

I have been reading the fascinating new book by KC Johnson and Stuart Taylor on the Duke Lacrosse fiasco entitled, Until Proven Innocent: Political Correctness and the Shameful Injustices of the Duke Lacrosse Rape Case.

The opening chapters describe the milieu at Duke, including the hardcore partying that was going on by both the men and women on campus. There is mention that the Duke women were as horny as the guys there with more than one sorority on campus hiring male strippers (page 2) but this was never picked up in the media (of course not, male strippers for women are considered empowerment, while for men they're sexist).

The book lists these false rape statistics including one from Linda Fairstein, former head of the sex-crimes unit of the Manhattan District Attorney's office who wrote, "There are about 4000 reports of rape each year in Manhattan. Of these, about half simply did not happen" (page 374).

http://drhelen.blogs...-injustice.html

Crystal Mangum convicted of second degree murder

Crystal Gail Mangum is an African-American woman who is best known for making false allegations of rape against white lacrosse players in the racially charged Duke lacrosse case.

Duke lacrosse case

After arriving, intoxicated, with a fellow stripper for a strip tease at a house rented by three of the Duke University men's lacrosse team captains, she became involved in an argument with the occupants of the house, and left. After becoming involved in an altercation with her fellow stripper that necessitated police assistance, she made a false allegation of rape. District Attorney Mike Nifong, up for reelection, pursued the case despite questions about the credibility of Mangum, and exculpatory evidence that failed to demonstrate that Mangum had been raped by the Duke lacrosse players. It took nearly a year for the attorney-general's office to dismiss the charges and declare that the players were innocent of the charges laid against them by Nifong.

Mangum was arrested on April 2, 2011, following accusations that she stabbed and seriously injured her boyfriend. She was charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious bodily injury, a class C felony in North Carolina. Her boyfriend later died in the hospital, and Mangum was indicted on a murder charge.

On November 22, 2013, Mangum was found guilty of second-degree murder by a jury of seven men and five women. Judge Paul Ridgeway sentenced her to serve a minimum of 14 years, 2 months and a maximum of 18 years in prison.

http://en.wikipedia....tal_Gail_Mangum
-- -
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#13 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

The racist angle is aggressively and erroneously promoted by an agenda driven media while actual fraud, destroyed lives and even murder is ignored.
(See: Twana Brawley & Rev Al.)
"Tawana Glenda Brawley is an African-American woman from Wappingers Falls, New York, who gained notoriety in 1987–88 for falsely accusing six white men of having raped her."
Rev. Al got a job in the media from the hoax.

Duke Rape Accuser Got 160 TV News Stories on Accusation, 3 on Murder Conviction...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 28 November 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#14 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

Three “Knockout” Attacks Reported In Philadelphia Area

Videos from cities around the country show people being punched and beaten at random.
The attackers are calling their crimes a game, the goal being to knock out the victim with one punch.

Mark Cumberland is a victim of a “Knockout” assault.

“Someone asked me for a cigarette and by the time I got my hands out my pocket I was getting hit by four kids.”

He says, “It was hard seeing and I’m still having trouble breathing and swallowing.”

Cumberland was walking out of a Fox Chase pizza shop on November 11th when he was attacked.

“There’s no reason at all. I mean, I didn’t get robbed, they didn’t take nothing from me. They just beat me up.”

An elderly man was also attacked when he was mowing his lawn outside of his home.

Bruce Myer, a neighbor of the elderly victim says, “A kid came up to him and just punched him in the mouth. He ended up laying in the street with his lawnmower.”

The only apparent motive in these attacks, as in all “Knockout” attacks, is to inflict injury on a random victim.

http://philadelphia....ladelphia-area/

New York City police authorities are investigating a series of unprovoked physical attacks in public places on people who are Jewish, in the form of what is called "the knockout game."

Read more: http://www.realclear...l#ixzz2lIIrMRlF
Follow us: @RCP_Articles on Twitter

Teen Playing 'Knockout Game' Shot Twice by Victim

WILX in Lansing reported that teenager Marvell Weaver, who is black, tried to knock out a father who was standing at a bus stop waiting for his daughter to arrive. Instead of simply punching the father, Weaver tried a variation on the "game" by trying to taze the man. The taser malfunctioned, and the father pulled a .40 cal handgun and shot the teenager twice.

Weaver admits to previously knocking out six or seven people on other days before targeting the man who shot him.

http://www.breitbart...Gets-Shot-Twice

De Blasio ally: ‘Knockout game’ violence stems from ‘genuine concern’ about Jewish influence

A local New York City politician and ally of mayor-elect Bill de Blasio says the recent spate of “knockout” attacks in Brooklyn may stem from “a genuine concern” about Jewish influence.
Cumbo reports that many of her African-American constituents are alarmed by the growth of the local Jewish community.

“Many African American/Caribbean residents expressed a genuine concern that as the Jewish community continues to grow, they would be pushed out by their Jewish landlords or by Jewish families looking to purchase homes,” Cumbo wrote

Members of Crown Heights’ Jewish community are condemning Cumbo’s statement.

“Eight years of Giuliani stilled and calmed the city; 9/11 created a new era of good common feeling; the perpetuation of Giuliani policies under Michael Bloomberg helped keep the urban peace. Now, only a month before the inauguration of DeBlasio, something ugly and evil is rearing its head. Who is there to speak out against Cumbo’s words?” writes Commentary’s John Podhoretz. “De Blasio?”

Read more: http://dailycaller.c.../#ixzz2mbNcRIfM
-- -

#15 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:24 AM

Fantastic Lies: An ESPN Documentary on the Duke Lacrosse Scandal

The scandal called forth an army of outraged liberals, all ready to condemn a bunch of jocks who had poor judgment and a love of beer and raunchy parties.

It was a battle of moral losers: liberal journalists, liberal college administrators, a corrupt District Attorney, white jocks who liked black strippers, a corrupt cop, and Jesse Jackson.

The documentary is a work of art. It begins with the liberal media. It tells the story as the liberal media told it. Then, about 20 minutes in, it begins to talk about the District Attorney. The story subtly begins to shift.

This is the story of the triumph of not-quite justice. It cost three families fortunes to defend their sons

http://www.garynorth...ublic/15171.cfm

Edited by stocks, 07 May 2016 - 08:25 AM.

-- -