Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Uranium oxide went from over $130 per pound down to $90, the first price decline in four years, and a pretty wicked one at that. The general scare in the stock market, combined with the hugely overbought monthly and weekly charts of the uranium stocks, and the price fall for U3O8, made for some real wipeouts. LAM and PNP - 16 to 4, whew....

I never dreamed such a decline would occur. Now, the "Purge" has occurred for real, IMO, and we're still in a long-term bull, again in my opinion, of course. U3O8, after all, was $7 earlier this decade, and energy issues overall are acting well.

I'm all back in, and last week, especially Friday, was nice. PDN worries me - could easily just be a correction back up in a still-ongoing decline; remains to be seen. I continue to love ALS not only for uranium but also for the other stuff that comes out of the ground.

Doug

#2 mdwllc

mdwllc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:39 PM

Doug: will probably be joining you a little later this month around 9/26. I'm expecting a little more weakness into that time period. Best MDW :)
Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way...

Be Sure to Perform Your Own Due Diligence

#3 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:45 PM

I picked up a little of USU on Friday around 12.20, could have waited for 11.90...

Posted Image

Echo

#4 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:07 PM

doug, Nice day in uraniums. What are your favorites these days, say the top three? cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#5 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:12 PM

New ETF is NLR. I'm long.

#6 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:50 PM

John, I haven't been paying attention other than to notice what has been a boring and disappointing market. Rather than "V" bottoms, lots of uranium issues have made double bottoms or similar now. ALS.TO because of its hybrid nature and exposure to precious metals and other stuff too. Been a great one - closed at 30 today. I guess I'd also pick FRG and MGA.TO, just based on the charts and my perception of their management, which may be getting out of date. Still in for the long haul here, though it's sure not like the 2002 - early 2007 period. :P Best, Doug

#7 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:28 PM

hi doug,

Thanks. I'll look at MGA.TO.

I picked up UUU.TO, EFR.TO and U.TO last week. Steve Saville mentioned these names so I accumulated a position there and will look to add. The sector has bottomed, no question IMO. Now do we still have a bull market here? I suspect so, time will tell.

cheers,

john

P.S. Remember my post on Aug. 16th? :D

Aug 16 2007, 04:52 PM Post #14|

hi doug,

I bought some NLR (amex) today, the new Nulcear Energy ETF. I'm looking at CCO.TO, but I want to see confirmation of a decent bottom before I buy any individual shares at this point. The ETFs seem like a good risk management tool right now.

The funny thing is today I got a trading alert late in the day. It was based on a price alert which is at least 2-3 years old. It informed me that STM.TO was above the trading price set at $1.75. Apparently the shares hit that level today and tiggered the alert. I had set that price alert level a long time ago as a breakout and buy point. Kind of ironic.

Do not be surprised if you find today was the print low for the sector. Everything in the junior resource sector was sold hard recently and today was a fitting climax.

cheers,

john

"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#8 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:36 PM

John, I do remember that, and a very good call it was. Had a $3 per lb. price increase this week for U3O8, the first in quite a while. Stockpiles can be sold, weapons decommissioned, etc., but looks to me like the demographics and energy demand still argue for the bull. Best, Doug

#9 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:27 PM

:P Oh yeah - UEX too! :P

Posted Image

Good news today on it, and up big on serious volume. There's certainly a ton of scam stocks out there, but for the "real" uranium issues, I think surprises will tend to be on the upside.

Posted Image

Took a four-month whipping, bottomed, rallied, then had another scary decline last week. Didn't manage to get down as low as in August, and momentum was diverging higher. Good grief - shouldn't the weak hands all have been forced out of this bad boy or what?

Anyway, no guarantees of course, but looks like another major green light.

Doug

#10 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:35 PM

I don't know what's going on, but everything is green today. Nice moves, 5% to 25% up. MGA.TO up 13% and it had concerned me and been a relative laggard. May not be much in the grand scheme of things but feels like more confirmation that a significant bottom was made this year and is behind us. Doug