Gold Stocks Fall this week

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#11 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:47 PM

I agree, it looks weak but my plan was to hold short if we got a lower close today and that looks doubtfull. Hard to get any follow thru in this market and nem is about the only thing with shares available to short.....at least with my broket. I look at your post at the EOD. thanks

#12 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 07:16 PM

Skott, my s/t indicators did stay in a negative divergence. sold all my gold stocks at last half hour (just 4% profit from last week.) will look for confirmation tomorrow and if it is than i'll sell my silver stocks (up 5.5% so far.) could still be in a topping process so i won't be surprised if there's a brief high tomorrow. if it looks like a s/t top then i prepare to short gold stocks. yeah, it's difficult to short from my brokers also...being able to short glg, gss, abx thus far (haven't tried nem yet). shorting silver stocks have been a short squeeze to most, thus i usually wait to short silver stocks a day or 2 after i had completed gold stocks (i usually cover silver first too.) so thus far, gold stocks appear to be putting a topping pattern, will get confirmation tomorrow. like you when I'm in a s/t position i'm looking for a s/t trend for at least a week minimum.

#13 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:38 AM

Starbucks.......No, I don't think I shorted a day early....I think I exited most of my short a day early but that was my intraday short position. I still have my smaller(too small) core short position.. Scott

#14 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:18 AM

good trading there, Skott. B)

#15 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:21 AM

You know I am too new here to know exactly what you are saying or I should say in what way you are saying something. When applicable could you add the word sarcasm to your posts? Did you manage to get short? Scott :wacko:

#16 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:25 AM

no sarcasm...just about your short position... i didn't short anything at all or yet...my indicators are back at neutral but it's so early in the morning i don't get a more reliable reading until another hour or so. so i'll see later. good luck trading.

#17 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:30 AM

Can you share what your short term indicators are? I have a few I have created myself and run on tradestaion. Scott

#18 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:44 AM

alot of my indicators are proprietary work on existing indicators. both my s/t indicators on the Nasdaq and gold/silver stocks are based on whether my index/price is overstretched/understretched its 9dma. that would alert me on whether it's s/t OB/OS. also customized the 'naz up/dn vol' and 'naz new trin' and BPCOMPQ for the Nasdaq. For gold/silver, i include the interest spread (30yr yld minus 13wk yld), gold COT (weekly analysis only), various xau options ratio computations. like BullShort (another member who has his 'black box indicators'), these are properietary work and hope you understand if I don't want to reveal them in detail.

#19 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:55 AM

prelimary readings of my s/t indicators are up...but this is still early morning and could change later in the day...but this reading is usually for the next day or so. so could be getting ready for tomorrow's move.

#20 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:18 AM

my stuff is a combo of intraday and one longer term lasing days to weeks to months. I usually find myself having made a very good entry on a trade but a hasty exit. My one problem on this one was listening to someone else who said yesterday had to be a down day else it was short term bullish. I often find myself giving too much weight to an experts opinion but much less so than before and now I only have a couple that I even listen to. I shrug off missed opportunittes easier than in my early days. It does no good to fret about what a perfect trade would have done. foget is and move on. And at least I still have my core short on NEM which I think has a ways to go on the downside Scott :lol: