Gold Stocks Fall this week

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:27 AM

yeah, it's good to get their track record before 'listening' to what they have to say. my trading style is s/t (short term) as I'm interested in a good short term trend that's usually about a week or longer...sometimes it's a only a day or so...but hey that comes with the territory right :lol: sometimes i'm lucky and i catch a m/t (medium term trend) that lasts over a month. that's what i was hoping as i'm unsure if the early Feb. bottom is an actual m/t bottom or that we are still in a m/t downtrend that started with the double top for the xau/hui in Dec/Jan. good luck trading.

#22 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:39 AM

I'd say we've probably seen the lows today but we coud get another drop late today if nem manages a rally. I am looking for gold stocks to be down for months. Not straight down mind you. Hey Hiker, just noticed that post was from you yesterday. Scott

#23 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:45 AM

i'm split 50/50 on whether on where we're at m/t. that's why i built my s/t trade system for s/t trades that way i won't have to worry too much about the m/t but i do want to do most of my trading in the same trend of the m/t trend. good luck!

#24 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:52 AM

thanks I need all the luck I can get. If we do bust 42.32 on NEM look out below. I will be in a happy place if that occurs. Notice the dollar. Thanks for the good trading comment. Your 4% in a week isn't bad either. I'll take that week in and week out. Does anyone else read/comment here? Scott

#25 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:03 PM

must be someone viewing too, there are over 400 views shown...i know i didn't view this topic more than 50 times :lol: btw...my s/t indicators are up as current...it rarely flip flops like this...for there could be some rebound rally either tomorrow or in a few days...so if you want to... you may or may not want to tighten them buy cover stop orders ;)

#26 PMILLY

PMILLY

• Traders-Talk User
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:18 PM

I am a lurker who has been viewing this discussion and others as well. I usually don't contribute because I do not feel that knowledgable. I appreciate your thoughts though. I wanted to short NEM as well but did not get a chance today before it dropped. It now looks like the dollar may have done a 5 wave move up, which should lead to a little consolidation a-b-c style before heading higher. So I think gold may bounce first before heading lower, but this is all speculation on my part. Like I said, I'm no expert. Pmilly P.S. Sorry about the personal message stockbucks coffee. I meant to post here as a reply but did the wrong thing.

#27 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:13 PM

You might be right Philly. I covered my short today for 3% profit from yesterday partly because we could get a bounce but it could very well go lower, lower, lower. As I told Starbucks making the call is one thing but sticking with it is another. I often am a victim of failing to stick with my plan to the end. Scott

#28 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:15 PM

my s/t indicators playing with me intraday today :angry: it turned back down this past half hour. s/t sell still in affect. cost me opportunity to short this morning, but it's okay as long as it gets me in and out with the right calls majority of the time I can forgive and forget :lol: Skott, you doing very good today...looks like your 'high monday weak afterward' scenario yesterday is shaping up. ahh...looks like the lockstep movement between gold/silver stocks and the stock market are in sync today...both looks weak tomorrow.

#29 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 12:29 AM

back at you skott - yes, I managed shorting 7 gold or silver stocks Monday. I went long AEM, and flipped it to short by day's end. I plan to cover on the first sign of a recovery bounce of any magnitude and will look to reenter short higher if the conditions continue to look like a profitable short setup. I expect to close shorts by Thursday 10:30 a.m. unless I see a compelling reason to stay short.

#30 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:13 AM

skott & stockbucks, out of general interest, what is your targets on NEM short & some others? Thanks in advance, mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!