I'm going to whine....

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 pedro

pedro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 767 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:17 AM

Tea - I concur on the IT top in this area ... wherever you are in the counts. I also second those noting that good work is bound to be copied. I suggest you stamp your work with 'TeaParty.com" and get a site up. Then let them copy ... but reserve some of your better work for that site. If its fame you want, take it!!! pdl

#32 espresso

espresso

• Traders-Talk User
  • 913 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:30 AM

Teaparty, your charts are pure art and all the big boys know what crazy dribblings have to do to avoid them...! :rolleyes: By the way, I miss your avatar jet, with that you were already famous!
Spesi FF

#33 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:36 AM

I also second those noting that good work is bound to be copied. I suggest you stamp your work with 'TeaParty.com" and get a site up. Then let them copy ... but reserve some of your better work for that site. If its fame you want, take it!!!

That's a better idea...

#34 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:43 AM

http://www.teaparty.com/
vitaminm

#35 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:58 AM

2 cents from Crazy Russia(an)...

It doesn't much matter how good your analysis is. It does matter if you able to use this analysis in trading.

Just one example what I mean.

In the last 10 days I was trading XAU puts all the way from 155 to 172.

I was wrong in my analysis regarding XAU at 155-62, but I did TWO great trades with a nice profit. Bad analysis, good trades.

Quite opposite. I was right in my analysis regarding XAU topping at 172. I bought puts for $6.40-6.50... and I sold these puts for $6.40 (only few for $7). I got nothing from my right analysis. One day later XAU dropped 5 points down... without me. Good analysis, bad trades.

The point is.... F@CK those people who steal your analysis. It can't help them. Trading is like ARTS. They may have the same piano as Mozart, but they never be Mozart. ;)

Great post, Youmast. I lost consistently in the market over a several year period, all the while making many accurate predictions. Maybe one or two trades out of 10 were profitable. Took me a long time to learn how to 'trade.'

Teaparty, I have been following you since you first started posting your charts on Stockcharts. Your work is terrific, and I hope you continue to post your thoughtful analysis. I will try to be a little more vocal about my admiration, although I really hate to post when I have nothing to add to whatever is being said about the markets, because it's already been said so well -- you.
With great respect,

Deva

#36 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:36 AM

The point is.... F@CK those people who steal your analysis. It can't help them. Trading is like ARTS. They may have the same piano as Mozart, but they never be Mozart. ;)

Exactly. See my signature. Trading requires nerves of steel, courage of conviction in one's analysis and solid emotional control, not to mention sound money mangement.

I actually love being reminded of that. Your signature says to me, if it's hard to do, then it's probably right to do, all things held equal. Most traders don't take the hard trades, only the easy ones.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#37 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:53 AM

http://www.teaparty.com/

:) ..that's exactly where "Teaparty" came from....great band.

#38 ...

• Traders-Talk User
  • 510 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:32 AM

Most traders don't take the hard trades, only the easy ones.

You're kidding, right?

Why would anyone ever do a "hard" trade? If the rationale behind a trade leaves it "hard" to do, why would you do it? Either there are very good reasons to do it, or there ain't.

I make money 80 to 90% of the time taking only the trades I "want" to take, that is, the "easy" ones. The clear-cut ones. The ones that are obvious to me. A few of them aren't as easy as I thought they would be, but that's what stops are for.

Considering that the potential trading universe consists of thousands of different vehicles, I don't understand why anyone would ever want to do a "hard" trade when there is always something else that presents a better probability of profit.

#39 youmast

youmast

• TT Patron+
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 12:15 PM

I "want" to take, that is, the "easy" ones. The clear-cut ones.

How old are you, "..." bro? I'm asking because that question is very critical for this discussion.

I've been very aggressive trader few years ago. Now I'm pretty "modest". Time will come, and I'll be the "Easy Rider" buying only "blue chips" for the rest of my retirement account. Of course it's gonna be Russian chips, and of course for the rest of my life.... :(

As of "CLEAR-CUT TRADES"... I've never seen them in my life. Yeah, bad luck... :(

#40 marco

marco

• Traders-Talk User
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 12:18 PM

TP, Vent all you want, but keep posting. Your charts are worth their weight in gold. Great analysis...very much appreciated. Keep up the good work. :)