I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
As always comments are welcome :P and trade at your own risk ;) mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 07:15 PM

appreciate your updated charts and thoughts, as always. - Steve

#3 TomD

TomD

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 11:21 PM

There are a lot of "uncontrolled" variables out there that standard TA has yet to digest Will the ECB cut rates? Evrybody is yelling for it but nobody expects it...a potential negative surprise With Greenspan talking opening about raising rates does that mean a stronger than expected jobs report most gold commentary I have read are expecting a benign reolution to the Wasington Agreement...if the result is higher quotas than expected? the HUI is overly influenced by NEM and FCX...a lot of juniors are at critical support...further weakness in gold will see a lot of traingle being resolved to downside BUT on the whoe the price action for POG and the indexes are within the realm of corrections....so my bias is still to look for entry...but I would like to see some blood on the streets and some real moaning on the bull boards....I find when people start cursing the Sinclair's et al instead of deifying him...that entry points are near at hand.....that is not happening yet.
Health Canada has just released a study which shows that 100% of the population who have been exposed to whole milk products will die.

#4 PMILLY

PMILLY

• Traders-Talk User
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:22 AM

I agree with TomD that patterns look corrective. True, they have been trending down since December, but many charts such as BGO, NEM, ABX, etc. look as if they are forming pennants, flags, and other patterns that once resolved mean higher prices down the road. For the meantime, patience seems necessary if you are a longer term trader. Otherwise, there are lots of ST trading opportunities as stockbucks and skott have proved over the past weeks. Pmilly P.S. By the way, I think I heard on the news this morning that the ECB left rates unchanged. Can anyone confirm that?

#5 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:58 AM

ECB did leave rates unchanged @ 2.0% eom
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#6 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 09:01 AM

And Bank of England left unchanged at 4%.

#7 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 09:19 AM

I think if gold stays above 391.75 gold stocks will have a bullish tone today but I think it will be a weak move 1- 1.5% and I don't think it will hold all that today. To me it looks like things are setting up for a modest rise today but I am still looking for shorting opportunities. Intermediate sell is still on. scott

#8 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 09:37 AM

Thanks for the great charts Mss. comparing the 2 charts...stocks/indexes (xua/hui) topped in Dec. while comex gold topped in mid Jan. So stocks/indexes have already gone down while comex gold is going down. also there's divergence where stocks/indexes (xau/hui) are making higher lows (no higher highs yet) while comex gold is making lower lows. so stocks/indexes made be outperforming comex gold instead. not saying that stocks/indexes are going up but that if one is going to buy then buy stocks/indexes and if one is going to short then short comex gold.

#9 PMILLY

PMILLY

• Traders-Talk User
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 10:39 AM

Hey Stockbucks, Just wondering if you are still long gold stocks. This rally appears anemic to me. My indicators are not confirming, and I think it's setting up for another shorting opportunity. NEM looks as if it has another low coming. What are your s/t indicators saying? TIA. Pmilly

#10 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 10:50 AM

NEM has already had the 1% upmove today scott