Gold charts & seasonal

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 btreehouse

btreehouse

• Traders-Talk User
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 07:41 PM

Below are charts for your amusement. First is gold seasonal, second is my perspective longterm and short term as to what has occurred. To conclude, I am looking for gold to now to be in a bear market.

Regards,

Posted Image

[br]

Posted Image

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 11:53 PM

Hi Tree Thanks for the seasonal chart. Question for you. Since this is a 25 year seasonal chart - I assume it includes the gold crash back in the 1980. Is there a way to show a seasonal chart without this inclusion - maybe since 1983? I'm just wondering if there would be any change in how acute this seasonal pattern is without this particular period. TIA Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 btreehouse

btreehouse

• Traders-Talk User
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 01:00 AM

Hi Tree

Thanks for the seasonal chart.

Question for you.

Since this is a 25 year seasonal chart - I assume it includes the gold crash back in the 1980.

Is there a way to show a seasonal chart without this inclusion - maybe since 1983?

I'm just wondering if there would be any change in how acute this seasonal pattern is without this particular period.

TIA

Fib

Hi Fib,

I do not have the data to do that.

Regards,

#4 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 11:56 AM

Glad to see gold has finally weakened as I'll take this opportunity to add some gold and silver to my own metals position as I suspect the secular bull market in gold has begun.

#5 Mike

Mike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 03:26 PM

Hey Tree, Thanks for the charts. I'm going to print out that seasonal chart and tape it to my wall. m

#6 Mike

Mike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 09:23 PM

Tree, Isn't this Tom Drake's chart that was first posted on Crystal Ball? <_<

#7 btreehouse

btreehouse

• Traders-Talk User
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 10:30 PM

Tree,

Isn't this Tom Drake's chart that was first posted on Crystal Ball? <

Correct,

It was passed along to me. I never said it was mine. I just presented it for your amusement as my original post stated.

Any charts I present as my own will have my name Treehouse on it as was on one of the charts on my orginal post.

Again, I also present another chart for your amusement. (Please note it does not have my name or copyright on the chart so you can therefore assume it was not a chart I generated)

Regards,

Posted Image

#8 Mike

Mike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 08:44 AM

When you post charts that are marked up or altered in any way, the implication is that they are your work. I think you should give credit where credit is due.

#9 btreehouse

btreehouse

• Traders-Talk User
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 06:51 PM

When you post charts that are marked up or altered in any way, the implication is that they are your work. I think you should give credit where credit is due.

show me where I have marked up or altered the chart in any way?

#10 btreehouse

btreehouse

• Traders-Talk User
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 06:56 PM

The chart was presented as is. No marks were made to the chart itself.

From hence forth, you might consider ignoring my posts. There is no point in squabbling with you.

I present analysis, some mine and some aided. you can take it for what its worth. I do not ask anybody for anything and if any chart or image contains names, copyrights or the such, I leave it on there so the viewer can see it.

I will not reply to this thread anymore.

Regards,