Terry Laundry's "T" Theory Bearish Call

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:05 PM

Terry Laundry's kicking off the new year with a very bearish call. Since his "T" theory is unique, I visit his site from time to time. Not sure if he's right, but at least he's out there with a forecast based on a different way of looking at the market.

http://ttheory.typepad.com/

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,871 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:13 PM

Terry's T's are certainly interesting. Perhaps another view of different cycles.
Terry:

I believe the S&P is only poised for a short rally during the first week of 2008,

Mike Burk is negative on next week even though his January chart is positive thru mid month.
And is looking at possible volatility.

Historically next week has been one of the most volatile. The indices have been up about 2/3 of the time and the average returns are all positive, but the drawdowns have been huge. The largest, 10.4% recorded by the OTC on 1/2/2001.

Posted Image

These guys seem to be at odds with Airedale's call for a Dec 31 low.

Fun stuff.

#3 trader1002

trader1002

• Traders-Talk User
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:38 PM

Terry's T's are certainly interesting. Perhaps another view of different cycles.
Terry:

I believe the S&P is only poised for a short rally during the first week of 2008,

Mike Burk is negative on next week even though his January chart is positive thru mid month.

Historically next week has been one of the most volatile. The indices have been up about 2/3 of the time and the average returns are all positive, but the drawdowns have been huge. The largest, 10.4% recorded by the OTC on 1/2/2001.

Posted Image

Fun stuff.

the only problem i have with laundry is everytime the market has an excuse to go up he keeps adding new T's that are extended...for instance watch what happens if the fed cuts ...I must say his call with a market top on or about late fall 07 from a year ago was spot on. ....

#4 Wavetimer

Wavetimer

wavetimer system

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:44 PM

Terry Laundry's kicking off the new year with a very bearish call. Since his "T" theory is unique, I visit his site from time to time. Not sure if he's right, but at least he's out there with a forecast based on a different way of looking at the market.

fyi I EMAIL TERRY MY WORK SAYING THAT THE CRASH MAYBE STARTING BEFORE I POSTED HERE HIS WORK IS BASED ON CYCLE LENGTH OF A/D LINE IT WORKS VERY VERY WELL IT

#5 Wavetimer

Wavetimer

wavetimer system

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:49 PM

Terry:

Posted Image

Fun stuff.

FYI THE FED LOWER 3 TIMES NOW SP AND DOW IS FLAT JUST LOOK IT,S A SIGN OF ALOT OF WEAK MARKET BUT WILL HELP RALLY THE BIGGEST LOSSER AND THAT MONEY WILL TAKE PROFITS IN THE BIG WINNERS OF 07 HOLD ON TO YOUR HAT FOLKS 15 TO 18 % swings ad ends flat

the only problem i have with laundry is everytime the market has an excuse to go up he keeps adding new T's that are extended...for instance watch what happens if the fed cuts ...I must say his call with a market top on or about late fall 07 from a year ago was spot on. ....

#6 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:10 PM

fyi I EMAIL TERRY MY WORK SAYING THAT THE CRASH MAYBE STARTING BEFORE I POSTED HERE HIS WORK IS BASED ON CYCLE LENGTH OF A/D LINE IT WORKS VERY VERY WELL IT

Are you looking for an 87, 98 style crash but not a bear market ?

#7 Wavetimer

Wavetimer

wavetimer system

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:20 PM

Are you looking for an 87, 98 style crash but not a bear market ?

something like it yes
but the bear marketi bank is comig to and end and you will see a bea in the making with the low 10/2010