#11 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:02 AM

He is down under.

His most recent SPX call shown on his website was good:

Forecast:

Report #34 on 01 OCT highlighted a "significant price/time inflection point at 1578 on 08 OCT" and
310-point drop to 1268 over 12 weeks.

Outcome:

The market delivered a daily closing high for the front futures at 1576 on 09 OCT and intraday high
for the cash index at 1576 on 11 OCT. It then fell 20% over the next 15 weeks to reach the cited
target on 21 JAN.

He also posts his work from time to time on Crystal Ball.

You're so gullible.....He made a million, er i mean billion $$$$$ on this call with his own money. Chucklehead
Aussie. Show me his every call on the mkt going back 10 years. You said he's bullish but yet this call is bearish, yea i know ewave and cycles. NEENER, NEENER Neenerrrrr. Please don't respond just pay for his $800 book. And then go to my $6000 seminar this weekend at the Marriot.

He was correctly bearish since Oct. before that he was bullish, bearish, bullish, bearish correctly throughout last year, you can call short term waves but still have a longer term view. I don't understand why a person like you is so quick to start throwing mud when you have already admitted you know virtually nothing about the man. Instead of contributing valuable information you prefer to come on with reactionary stuff, your two minutes of fame. btw...he is originally a Canadian from Vancouver.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#12 JAP

JAP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:06 AM

IMO, a very delusional bull. :rolleyes:

#13 KnowNuttin2

KnowNuttin2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:22 AM

He is down under.

His most recent SPX call shown on his website was good:

Forecast:

Report #34 on 01 OCT highlighted a "significant price/time inflection point at 1578 on 08 OCT" and
310-point drop to 1268 over 12 weeks.

Outcome:

The market delivered a daily closing high for the front futures at 1576 on 09 OCT and intraday high
for the cash index at 1576 on 11 OCT. It then fell 20% over the next 15 weeks to reach the cited
target on 21 JAN.

He also posts his work from time to time on Crystal Ball.

You're so gullible.....He made a million, er i mean billion $$$$$ on this call with his own money. Chucklehead
Aussie. Show me his every call on the mkt going back 10 years. You said he's bullish but yet this call is bearish, yea i know ewave and cycles. NEENER, NEENER Neenerrrrr. Please don't respond just pay for his $800 book. And then go to my $6000 seminar this weekend at the Marriot.

He was correctly bearish since Oct. before that he was bullish, bearish, bullish, bearish correctly throughout last year, you can call short term waves but still have a longer term view. I don't understand why a person like you is so quick to start throwing mud when you have already admitted you know virtually nothing about the man. Instead of contributing valuable information you prefer to come on with reactionary stuff, your two minutes of fame. btw...he is originally a Canadian from Vancouver.

Yes, you're right... i don't mean to be Mean or throw mud and i'am not here to save people from themselves.
I DO contribute information here some good and some bad judgements. I'am right about 50% of the time and i know that 3600 on SPX by 2012 would be a 200% gain in 4 years...HIGHLY improbable. 08 years according to your site is an up year but doesn't look too promising now even if we gained 2% that would be one less year to get your 200%. A stock can gain that much but not the US market! Please don't check your brain at the alter of HOPE. Good luck to you and I'll discount my seminar for you and a guest to $5999. Stop defending yourself and have a sence of HUMOUR. ....And that is my 2 Cents worth of nonsence. Good trading to you.

#14 KnowNuttin2

KnowNuttin2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:35 AM

All he's doing is assuming the SPX moves up from the 2002 low for the same length of time and in the same magnitude as the uptrend from 1990 to 2000. He calculates the end date and the target price by this simplistic approach and draws a straight line between the two points.

You're Right on...just saved yourself $300 an issue and $800 for the book! He can selectively put his good calls on his site and ignore the BaDDDD ones. Ya know when i go to the horse track at the 5th race, all the guys selling their picks at the front gate always have the winners of the first four. Remember the most important invention of all time was the PRINTING PRESS in the 14th CENTURY.

#15 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:33 AM

Some other opinions on David Bensimon... Selection of Compliments on POSTS 1999-2007 Very impressive writings on the near and far trends Bob Neville Excellent post. Logical and sequential. Very well supported Dr. Rashid Buttar Outstanding ... the best market analysis education available anywhere D. Calderwood Thanks for your article. I really learned a lot Alan Mostert Thanks -- another great post ! Jonathan Keough A very prolific analysis David Dent Very well stated, and a dead-on assessment Joseph Ehardt Best "new kid on the block", no doubt about it Rick Ackerman Nice well-thought out posting Barclay Lieb A well explained and supported analysis, David. Thanks very much Daniel Watkins You ask good questions Gerald Hoopes David, you have written a well-considered and intelligent commentary Peter Eliades A gem of a post, David Chris Carolan I applaud your data-gathering, and I agree with your very long term wavecounts Dr. Tom Drake David, wow ! ... should have left everyone breathless Richard Harriman Here ! Here ! Fine work, David George your Excellent analysis, and rigorous Dhruv Sheth Thank you for a very clear exposition Garry Hazell Congratulations on your great work. It has been impressive to say the least Frank Copper Thank you for your excellent work on Longwaves Jim Evans As always, your detailed analyses are impressive Kit Webster I liked your phrasing ... Nice description of what is going on at present Gary Funck Enjoying your posts on Longwaves Art Holt Thank you for your post filled with fabulous info Carol B I have been following your forecasts and I find your work very interesting Susan Aiken Great stuff! ... You have a wonderful habit of writing posts that are worth savouring Thomas Childers I greatly admire the quality of thinking and writing you consistently demonstrate JB Van Orman I read especially all your posts as I find them extremely interesting Athol Hoets I look forward to seeing your posts. They are very well thought out and detailed. In looking back at your posts earlier in the year they have been very accurate. Jeffrey Ploshay You are among the few I admire ... The information you provide, your clarity in presenting it, and your thoughtful consideration and analysis of comments from other perspectives, is quite rare. Tracey O'Hearen I have been reading your posts with a sense of fascination. ... A superior forecaster Dr. G. Oxenstierna Good analysis, David, and a very good trading strategy Howard Hill Thanks for the wealth of information Rich Harper My compliments go to David for his extremely well phrased observations Bob Bronson Wonderful post -- complete and thorough. ... David hits it right on the mark Eric Von Baranov David, your work is excellent, and your forecasts should be respected Gary Harlan Excellent posts ... great calls too Tom Godart I am very intrigued with your research Philip Young Thoughtful, excellent analysis Bryan Kavanagh I find your information and thoughts insightful and enabling. You have helped to extend my perceptions and imagination. I thank you for that. Jack Christian A profoundly knowledgeable analyst ... Every post is worth reading James Pennington Thank you so much for your insight on Nasdaq Jacques Bourdin I enjoy your posts -- very well written, easy to follow, and ... deadly accurate Scott Armington Thanks for publishing such an excellent work Armand Kadrichu Your understanding of the laws of financial processes goes beyond imaginable Y. Levitskaya I have found your post to be most revealing and correct. Thank you so very much David Thompson You da man Dave Denmead You have helped me more than you know Marianne Nielsen Thank you for providing insightful and thought-provoking analysis George Tomczak Head and shoulders above the rest Jim Grunert Your insights on the large-scale wavestructure are most appreciated. You have put in more thought on the subject than anyone I know. Porter Johnson Awesome and fascinating the amount and quality of work you do Geoff Robson-Scott Outstanding, just outstanding David Frank Oster Your analysis is technically masterful, and your presentation is a beautiful work of art. Melf Elf David, you are the professional's professional Dr. Tom Drake Consistently excellent analysis. I am most grateful. Rory McCaffrey You are a class act Perry Leopold Thanks so much. I have always been very impressed with the extensive work and attention to detail you put into your calculations. Steven Rock You are certainly one of the most innovative technical analysts around, and your new concepts are just amazing. Manfred Zimmel My hat's off to your analysis, not just here but numerous ones Larry Haimsohn Your work is exemplary Gerald Strauss Thanks for the outstanding work you are doing and sharing with us Peter Behringer You are one thorough dude. Nice work ! T. L. Great work, David Mike Drakulich Again a jewel. Thanks a lot ! Manfred Zimmel Very generous of you to share your work and much appreciated James McRay Your analysis has been brilliant Susan Berglowe Congratulations. As usual an exemplary analysis with all the evidence neatly laid out for our perusal. Many thanks. Peter Stedman Very nice work Rick McCoy You continue to amaze me with your ability to see the precise mathematical time and price relationships in the markets. B.B. "Track record has been so good that one professional trader said the market just follows Bensimon's script" -- JP
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#16 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:53 AM

Bensimon does show one forecast that was only partly right, the market went up but then did not come down as much as he thought but overall 2007 was a stellar year for his forecasts. There is an old chart of his predicting the final low for the bear in 2004 and I cannot see any referrence to that forecast on his website and he claims to have predicted the low in oct. 2002, so that is not right the chart was created months after the big low in late 2002. Despite that I think it is hard to beat his work ....but OGM is giving him a good run for the money. ;) His track record for 2007.... Large moves in Q1/Q3/Q4 adhered very well to explicit price + time expectations. Choppiness in Q2 did not match the preferred scenario but nicely delivered some smaller swings as per specified alternatives. Q1 Forecast: Report #25 on 01JAN forecast "a net gain over the whole year of +10% to 1550". Outcome: This main objective was achieved ahead of schedule with a high on 16JUL at 1556. Forecast: Report #26 on 01FEB emphasised that "for SP futures, key resistance is at 1464" Outcome: The front contract peaked on 22FEB at precisely 1464.50 and promptly fell 96 points. Q2 Forecast: Report #28 on 01APR cautioned that failure to make "a quick downside break of 1420 would invoke an upside acceleration to next resistance at 1480". Outcome: The market jumped 50 points from 1430 to reach 1480 on 17APR. Forecast: Report #29 on 01MAY called for "a peak on 07MAY between 1508-1518 and then 11% slide". Outcome: The market rose to a high on 09MAY at 1518 -- halting right at the anticipated price/time juncture -- but then fell back only modestly. Q3 Forecast: Report #31 on 01JUL called for "selling pressure measuring 100 points to 1442 during JUL". Outcome: The market delivered this move over 12 sessions in JUL with 113 points from 1556 to 1443. Forecast: Report #32 on 01AUG emphasised "notable support during AUG in the 1374-1361 zone". Outcome: The market fell 9% between 8-16AUG to a cash low at 1370 -- right at the cited support -- and then rose 16%. Q4 Forecast: Report #34 on 01OCT highlighted a "significant price/time inflection point at 1578 on 08OCT" and 310-point drop to 1268 over 12 weeks. Outcome: The market delivered a daily closing high for the front futures at 1576 on 09OCT and intraday high for the cash index at 1576 on 11OCT. It then fell 20% over the next 15 weeks to reach the cited target on 21JAN. Forecast: Report #36 on 01DEC projected "a 10% slide over next 4 weeks, with interim support near 1450". Outcome: The market fell 5% to a low at 1446 on 18DEC, covering half the total distance during the first half of the period.

Edited by Russ, 27 January 2008 - 11:59 AM.

#17 KnowNuttin2

KnowNuttin2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for the TESTIMONALS Bensimon...MEN WITHOUT HATS. They don't call it DOWN AND UNDER for NOTHIN. He who protests so MUCH....You must be BENSIMON. Just like the NEENER stuff here in November. JEEZ.......... :wacko:

Thanks for the TESTIMONALS Bensimon...MEN WITHOUT HATS. They don't call it DOWN AND UNDER for NOTHIN. He who protests so MUCH....You must be BENSIMON. Just like the NEENER stuff here in November. JEEZ.......... :wacko:

OK give me his next forecast and we'll start the track record!

#18 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:14 PM

OK give me his next forecast and we'll start the track record!

You take the cake! I have posted hundreds of times over many years on this forum. If I was Bensimon would I be pointing out a major gap in his track record???? You are a conspiracy nut.

I already gave several of his next forecasts in the first part of this string. Hello?????? JEEZZZ indeed.

#19 KnowNuttin2

KnowNuttin2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:46 PM

I don't want forecasts for 2010, 2012 or 2099999. Tell me what he has for the next few months!!!!! Just like his claim that he called this decline...I'll bet you the week before the decline forecast his ALT WAVE was for an advance to SPX 1650! So then he can put up the winning forecast on his website. B)

#20 scott in Wisconsin

scott in Wisconsin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:52 PM

Didn't Paul Volker,former fed cheif, say NO MORE BUBBLES....3600 SPX by 2012 in your dreams. At the top in 2000 books were written about DOW 36000. Classic rubbish for the Sheeple!

Bensimon gave his prediction for 3600 back in 2003 or earlier. To catagorize the man as a rubbish producer is total bs. He has probably the strongest track record out there.

I'm confused! At the link you have in your first post above, you show his December 2003 prediction.

Since that prediction, the Dow has never spent a single moment lower.
Yet his prediction was for the Dow to fall 40% over the next year.

OUCH. That short would have hurt.

Posted Image

What am I missing?

Here is the 3600 prediction, with a big crash in the middle, at the same link above.

http://mywebpages.co...vidBensiman.bmp

Scott

Edited by scott in Wisconsin, 27 January 2008 - 12:53 PM.