Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

ECB will not cut interest rates tomorrow

100% sure

Insider

Thanks for the inside info!

money back guarantee?

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#22 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:34 PM

As much as I hate to say it, Cramer was right when he was screaming at the FED on TIV to cut rates because the banks were in trouble.

He may be a nutjob, but he has been proven right. In January, non-borrowed assets for banks went NEGATIVO . - $8 BILLION. Sounds small but when you factor in that we have a fractional reserve banking system, that lends out billions upon billions more than their assets, when a number like this goes negative the FED is freaking out, watching the numbers and will cut again at a moments notice.

and the FED is really between a rock and a wall. He lowers rates the dollar tanks some more and then the equity markets plunge big time.

So what's in your wallet ? :blink: Hopefully its money that you took out of the bank. As this gets more main stream coverage, and it may be a big if, you might see a bunch of runs like we saw for Northern Rock in the UK.

Let's say we go minus 40 billion in Feb. on non-borrowed bank assets. Then I think all heck breaks loose.
:cry:

I say in the end, the FED protects the banking system before it protects the markets. Politicians will be screaming, but hey, which would you rather have fail ? Some big a$$ investors in the market lose a few bucks or the banking system, where we have chaos and panic and people wanting their mula fast ?

Lets hope this choice doesn't have to be made, but it concerns me when folks look at the latest ISM number at 41 (below 50 is negative) yawn and say the PROBABILITY of a recession, is maybe greater than 50/50.

Maybe ? What cave did these guys crawl out from ?

Edited by nimblebear, 06 February 2008 - 02:43 PM.

OTIS.

#23 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:37 PM

Didn't Australia just RAISE rates?
Roy Orbison discusses the issue of being long in a bear market.

#24 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:46 PM

As much as I hate to say it, Cramer was right when he was screaming at the FED on TIV to cut rates because the banks were in trouble.

He may be a nutjob, but he has been proven right. In January, non-borrowed assets for banks went NEGATIVO . - $8 BILLION. Sounds small but when you factor in that we have a fractional reserve banking system, that lends out billions upon billions more than their assets, when a number like this goes negative the FED is freaking out, watching the numbers and will cut again at a moments notice.

and the FED is really between a rock and a wall. He lowers rates the dollar tanks some more and then the equity markets plunge big time.

So what's in your wallet ? :blink: Hopefully its money that you took out of the bank. As this gets more main stream coverage, and it may be a big if, you might see a bunch of runs like we saw for Northern Rock in the UK.

Let's say we go minus 40 billion in Feb. on non-borrowed bank assets. Then I think all heck breaks loose.
:cry:

I say in the end, the FED protects the banking system before it protects the markets. Politicians will be screaming, but hey, which would you rather have fail ? Some big a$$ investors in the market lose a few bucks or the banking system, where we have chaos and panic and people wanting their mula fast ?

Lets hope this choice doesn't have to be made, but it concerns me when folks look at the latest ISM number at 41 (below 50 is negative) yawn and say the PROBABILITY of a recession, is maybe greater than 50/50.

Maybe ? What cave did these guys crawl out from ?

That cave man commercial that Capital One runs from time to time. We laugh at it. But, there sending a signal :lol: Terms like Barter will come as a shock to many !
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#25 Insider

Insider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:55 PM

100% sure

Insider

money back guarantee?

Highest inflation level in many countries since 2001

ECB can't cut
BEAR MARKET - JULY 29, 2011

Current Position:

Short the Dow from 12200

#26 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:12 PM

100% sure

Insider

money back guarantee?

Highest inflation level in many countries since 2001

ECB can't cut

ECB is an exception i would say because they are so political.

Everywhere you look you see a trend towards a negative real rate. its potentially highly bullish for equities.

us amnufacurers getting competitive now basis weak dollah.

Mark owns a specialty steel company. When I asked him how business was he responded, “What recession?!” “Indeed,” he continued, “Our business is smoking. I even asked our sales people to canvass our customers and their business is also smoking! It’s the dollar,” Mark opined, “because of the dollar’s decline we have become by default the low cost supplier of specialty steel products.” To aficionados of our strategy reports these comments should come as no surprise, yet it is not just such anecdotal gleanings that keep us of the opinion there will likely be no recession.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#27 Insider

Insider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:02 PM

As I said before the Nasdaq is broken Insider
BEAR MARKET - JULY 29, 2011

Current Position:

Short the Dow from 12200

#28 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:24 PM

good call Insider, as usual. Futures are breaking lower in the AH, it is unlikely that it will turn before visiting 1300 or so tomorrow, unless of course it cliff dives. The breath momentum will not prevent the market from making a lower low before a sustainable rally, it seems...

#29 jack

jack

• Traders-Talk User
  • 907 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:33 PM

ECB is an exception i would say because they are so political.

They have no treasury and they stick to their knitting.
The kudlow cramer entitlement rants don't cut it
with the ECB

#30 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:44 PM

Agreed, Insider, the ECB will NOT cut. Their concern is inflation-not growth.