Full lunar eclipse tonight (2/20/08)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:44 AM

That's great. Just great. I have no objection with your saving on your bandwith, but let me a sport and splurge on mine. :D

#22 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:06 PM

Are you saying that there's a problem with clicking on a resized image (ONLY on images >725 pixels wide to accommodate the board width) to see an image full sized? You CAN see the full sized image, right? Or no?

What you SHOULD be seeing when you link to a chart that is greater than 730px width is a smaller than 730 pixel (resized to 75%) image, then you click on the smaller image if you want to see a larger version. If that's not what's happening, please let me know.

As we've stated before, we're still hammering out some problems, but I didn't think this was one of them.

#23 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:44 PM

Click to enlarge does not work for me in IE or Opera, only in FireFox. But that is probably my IE settings. I have poked around IE but can't resolve the issue. Doesn't matter, I ain't clickin. I can perceive of no need for TT to alter the size of images stored on and served from an external server. And it is more than just size, it requires additional useless navigation returning poorer results than previously.

Edited by selecto, 20 February 2008 - 01:48 PM.

#24 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,021 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:18 PM

Mike, we'll keep expanding the size of the graphic allowed, but at some point it screws up the board formatting and makes an entire thread hard to read. Ideally, the charts will be reasonably close to the right size to begin with, so the new settings ought to allow them entirely. My thinking is that only really, really big graphics need to be "reduced". The way it was before was driving me nuts, but it wasn't universal which made diagnosis more difficult. Are you seeing the "reduced image" thing on many charts now? Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#25 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:40 PM

Click to enlarge does not work for me in IE or Opera, only in FireFox. But that is probably my IE settings. I have poked around IE but can't resolve the issue.

Does anyone else using Opera or IE have the settings to fix this? I'm not much use as I mainly use Firefox and I don't have a problem clicking to enlarge the image in IE.

I can perceive of no need for TT to alter the size of images stored on and served from an external server.

It loads the page about 10x as fast.

#26 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:55 PM

What are you on, quaker oats cartons and string? Has anybody complained about loading times?

I can understand that a huge image will distort the particular thread and require scrolling. Didn't happen all that often.

Is this just a case fixing something that wasn't broke?

What is the maximunm pixel width allowed before the software messes with stuff?

#27 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

I can understand that a huge image will distort the particular thread and require scrolling. Didn't happen all that often.

That really depends on the resolution of the monitors of the site visitors. I have no problems at 1600*1050. ;)

But right now the main site home page at 1024*768 requires a significant amount of left to right scrolling. And at 800*600 [the Windows XP default resolution] only half the width of the page is visible. http://www.traders-t...ex.php?act=home

Is this just a case fixing something that wasn't broke?

More a case of, after the upgrade, having the chance to fix something that WAS broken.

What is the maximunm pixel width allowed before the software messes with stuff?

We can adjust it to any value we like. I'm sure we can come up with a solution for this that suits MOST if not all needs.
Oh, I said "I'm so happy, I could die."
She said "Drop dead," then left with another guy.

#28 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,021 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

We'll keep at this. I don't even know where half of the new settings are. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#29 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

What you SHOULD be seeing when you link to a chart that is greater than 730px width is a smaller than 730 pixel (resized to 75%) image, then you click on the smaller image if you want to see a larger version.

;)

by the way, anyone else think a full eclipse is bullish?

#30 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:47 PM

Click to enlarge does not work for me in IE or Opera, only in FireFox. But that is probably my IE settings. I have poked around IE but can't resolve the issue.

I don't have Opera, but the IE behaviour *might* be because it is doing what the board is trying to do, i.e. make the whole image fit in the window.

IE resizes images that won't fit. If you hover over the image , you usually see this >> resize.PNG in the bottom right corner of the image. Click on it, and IE will display the image full size.

I know, I know. That means in IE it now takes 2 clicks to see the full size image. :unsure:
Oh, I said "I'm so happy, I could die."
She said "Drop dead," then left with another guy.