Full lunar eclipse tonight (2/20/08)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:48 PM

by the way, anyone else think a full eclipse is bullish?

Dunno, it's so dark I cannot see. :lol:
Oh, I said "I'm so happy, I could die."
She said "Drop dead," then left with another guy.

#32 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:44 AM

Well I'm back and what a mess. 1) I agree with the sizing issue. That said, some posters were posting charts so big just to show they could afford a TV size screen, did not help analysis at all. However charts that are too small loose detail that is needed. Resizing is a pain in the butt. 2) When we got a cooment or answer to a post we had made OR had answered someone elses post a very VISABLE marker (a big dot) was in the envelope beside the post which when scrolling you could see a responce had been made. Not ther now. 3) The board is VERY MUCH BETTER overall, just some "tweeks" need to be thought out a little more. 4) I have some really petty issues, but they can wait till everything gets settled down. Some may get worked out by default when other "tweeks" are done. mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#33 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:16 AM

Well I'm back and what a mess.

1) I agree with the sizing issue. That said, some posters were posting charts so big just to show they could afford a TV size screen, did not help analysis at all. However charts that are too small loose detail that is needed. Resizing is a pain in the butt.

Some of the charts are over 1300 pixels wide. For over 90% of our visitors [my estimate], whether the charts are resized or not, this requires scrolling. We are working on a way of giving more of the screen width 'real estate' to the content of the post, by moving the posters details ABOVE the post rather than to its left. This will enable wider charts to be posted without them being resized.

2) When we got a cooment or answer to a post we had made OR had answered someone elses post a very VISABLE marker (a big dot) was in the envelope beside the post which when scrolling you could see a responce had been made. Not ther now.

Well there is no dot, there's a 'tab' in the bottom right hand corner, for example: Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image It would be very simple to put the old icons back Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image if it's a really big deal for people.

3) The board is VERY MUCH BETTER overall, just some "tweeks" need to be thought out a little more.

It's nice to get some positive feedback, thank you. The board is certainly very much FASTER at peak times.

4) I have some really petty issues, but they can wait till everything gets settled down. Some may get worked out by default when other "tweeks" are done.
mss

If we don't know what they are, we won't necessarily be planning to fix them. :) I'll probably start a pinned topic where people can post their 'snag lists'.

#34 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:33 AM

Well there is no dot, there's a 'tab' in the bottom right hand corner, for example: Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image It would be very simple to put the old icons back Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image if it's a really big deal for people.

What, does not matter. Just needs to be MORE visiable, IMVHO :D

Drywalls, :) I'll probably start a pinned topic where people can post their 'snag lists'.

This is a great idea as some of the "tweeks - O shoot" only happen when in use, and we doesn't use everything all the time. :P
By the way, if we have spell check it's not working for me. :( The changes are really great, thanks to all who made it happen.

:cat: mss

Edited by DRYALLS, 21 February 2008 - 12:43 PM.
Edited to include new image references

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#35 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:01 AM

Snag list is at this link.

The spellchecker supported by the board is for Iinternet Explorer only, and needs to be installed on your PC, then invoked by clicking the editor spellcheck button >>> Posted Image I've really no idea whether the Firefox spellcheck 'plug in' works or not.

#36 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:06 AM

Mine seems to work (in Firefox). Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#37 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:52 AM

What, does not matter. Just needs to be MORE visiable, IMVHO :D

Drywalls, :) I'll probably start a pinned topic where people can post their 'snag lists'.

This is a great idea as some of the "tweeks - O shoot" only happen when in use, and we doesn't use everything all the time. :P
By the way, if we have spell check it's not working for me. :( The changes are really great, thanks to all who made it happen.

:cat: mss

GuruDudette to the rescue -->> we'll change those icons.