How many are short here....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:52 PM

going into the Employment report ? Please come forward :P I am short and holding overnight, but with a feeling that i am about to get my head handed to me. I am working with a 30-min continuation sell. A signal is a signal. Gotta play it. Does anybody else have a sell signal here or playing the short side? Or is everything bullish with the upside blast tommorow a foregone conclusion ?

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:16 PM

es..........R/S......1385 1375 /1370 1360 1315
vitaminm

#3 rightside

rightside

• Traders-Talk User
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:24 PM

going into the Employment report ? Please come forward :P

I am short and holding overnight, but with a feeling that i am about to get my head handed to me. I am working with a 30-min continuation sell. A signal is a signal. Gotta play it.

Does anybody else have a sell signal here or playing the short side? Or is everything bullish with the upside blast tommorow a foregone conclusion ?

No shorts yet....I need two more hours of qualified upside for my system to issue a Super Short signal. This requires patience on my part as I can see higher probabilites for shorting here. The next couple of up closing hours can come after a gap or the first correction from a gap down. So, I think I will be sleeping in as I am flat.

Best,

RS

#4 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:25 PM

agree. s/t more risk to the downside than upside here. 10/15/30/60 min macds do not favor upside either.

Im short SPX, XLE and long a china stock (GSH).

XLE tgt is 74-75, where I plan to reverse long.
"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#5 CHAx

CHAx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:36 PM

agree. s/t more risk to the downside than upside here. 10/15/30/60 min macds do not favor upside either.

Breakouts on oil/gas producers. If they don't reverse tomorrow, shorts will get squeezed so badly. Really, we should be straddling this with options, but I'm heavy long on oil/gas and several NDX names.

#6 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:37 PM

Breakouts on oil/gas producers. If they don't reverse tomorrow, shorts will get squeezed so badly. Really, we should be straddling this with options, but I'm heavy long on oil/gas and several NDX names.

I agree XLE moves higher eventually, but it failed to break out of the triangle today right at R = 78. Oscillators rolling over and 15-min TL busted.
My XLE stop is 78.

Edited by beta, 03 April 2008 - 11:39 PM.

#7 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:40 PM

All of you shorts need to ask yourself this question: How good are your abilities at picking tops and bottoms? As far as I know, A-Ha is probably the best on this board for that, and he's still long. Many of you JUST DO NOT HAVE THE SKILL for consistently being profitable doing this. And you certainly don't have any business being fully short when as far as I can tell, most of you suck at top and bottom picking. Look at my post earlier. I bet those that are fully short now are the same people who were fully short near the bottom. How many of you who were fully long at the bottom are fully short here? I don't know why people think 4% upside days can't be followed by another 4% upside day. You had 3% downside days followed by 3% downside days. Do people really think that there's some sort of gate that limits how much can be gained over a period of days? Those back to back downside days were caused by panic. As my post yesterday said, panic also occurs to the upside. You guys are on a hair trigger. I can feel it.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#8 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:43 PM

All of you shorts need to ask yourself this question:

How good are your abilities at picking tops and bottoms?

As far as I know, A-Ha is probably the best on this board for that, and he's still long. Many of you JUST DO NOT HAVE THE SKILL for consistently being profitable doing this. And you certainly don't have any business being fully short when as far as I can tell, most of you suck at top and bottom picking.

Look at my post earlier. I bet those that are fully short now are the same people who were fully short near the bottom. How many of you who were fully long at the bottom are fully short here?

I don't know why people think 4% upside days can't be followed by another 4% upside day. You had 3% downside days followed by 3% downside days. Do people really think that there's some sort of gate that limits how much can be gained over a period of days? Those back to back downside days were caused by panic. As my post yesterday said, panic also occurs to the upside.

You guys are on a hair trigger. I can feel it.

Suffice it to say, the market consists of bullz bearz & jacka@sses. :)

(And I love how all the biggest permabears from '03-'07 are now the biggest wannabe longs -- you guys are only five years TOO LATE. LMAO)

Correction: INSIDER has the best LT track record for market calls.

Edited by beta, 03 April 2008 - 11:48 PM.

#9 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:47 PM

Flat. Had a nice day scalping the long side. I'm really wanting to go back to swing trading but for the last several months it's been nothing but day trading. Very happy with the results. Some of my work is marginally short but my spike indicators aren't where I like them for a good short. If I probe a short here it will have to be with a gap up tomorrow but even then It will have a hair trigger. Maybe it's intuition but I didn't like the close of AAPL. It showed too much strength. AAPL high today was a beautiful place to short but the darned thing ended up 3%. J

#10 winryan

winryan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:50 PM

Nav, if you don't mind me asking, where is your stop? thanks