Lights Out

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

I have some gay friends who always have a lights out party.
The sold their tiny Prius for an Escalade. I guess their guilt is overwhelming.

I remember when the Eagles were the first act to open the new BOK Center.
It was late summer and the center was cooled down for the show.
The Eagles insisted that the air conditioning be turned off during the show.

Strangely, all of the spotlights remained on as did the massive sound system, also their air conditioned limos which brought them to the show waited loyally for the show to end and take them to the airport to get on their air-conditioned jet.

They could have just walked to the park barefoot and sang acapella.
But I guess they had to "put on a show" for the lemmings. ;)

Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 03 January 2015 - 01:49 PM.

#12 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:45 PM

Officially Belgium is approaching the first deadline for a nuclear phaseout legislated by Belgium's parliament in 2003, which would require the shutdown of the three oldest nuclear reactors in 2015 and the remaining four by 2025.

Verbruggen says the present fear of power shortages may translate into public support for overriding the nuclear phaseout: "Because the strategic behavior of Suez and EDF is strong, and the Belgian political system is weak, the overall result of the black-out campaign could be a 10-year life extension of the three oldest plants. The majority of people will accept the life extension because they place supply reliability at the top of their preferences."

Belgian nuclear reactors get 10 extra years of life

Two Belgian nuclear reactors which were supposed to retire this year at age 40, will remain operational until they are half a century old.
Federal energy minister Marie Christine Marghem said the longer lifespan, until 2025, was necessary to ensure security of electricity supply in Belgium.

https://euobserver.c...brussels/129795
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.