looking for the lows next week

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:11 AM

divergences. hui takes out 4/1 low xau does not. this is the most Dover Sole i have seen these markets on the hourlies. consolidation/rally, then new lows and it should be all she wrote. dharma

#2 gvc

gvc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:32 PM

SKI system "life run" ???......5 or more consecutive down days totaling 10% or greater decline?

#3 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:43 PM

SKI system "life run" ???......5 or more consecutive down days totaling 10% or greater decline?

ok what does that mean!? is the ski system that good?
dharma

#4 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:11 PM

rsi divergences from very oversold on hourly xau/hui charts. could be the end of 3 of c ? dharma

#5 lhslancers3270

lhslancers3270

• Traders-Talk User
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:23 PM

No actually. The decline had to average 2% per day but the first couple of days of decline fell short of the 2% prerequisite. Forget SKI for 3 reasons. Numero Uno the guy's data base contains too much info from the bear market therefore it is not reliable in a bull market. Segundo the guy gave an all out sell everything deflation scare signal a few years back. We know how that worked out. Last but not least he missed the last run from 270-450 HUI. He bought this most recent move up very late and was lucky to get out even. Thanks but no thanks.

#6 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

No actually. The decline had to average 2% per day but the first couple of days of decline fell short of the 2% prerequisite. Forget SKI for 3 reasons. Numero Uno the guy's data base contains too much info from the bear market therefore it is not reliable in a bull market. Segundo the guy gave an all out sell everything deflation scare signal a few years back. We know how that worked out. Last but not least he missed the last run from 270-450 HUI. He bought this most recent move up very late and was lucky to get out even. Thanks but no thanks.

its why i do my own work! if i make a mistake i want to learn from it and 2 i know what is going into my decisions, i have no idea what is going into his. this game is about learning. evolving. i live by my prowess. and in 29 yrs of doing this i have learned, what i just stated and also, the most money is made in bull markets by buy and hold. although, in this sector it is a bumpy ride. dharma

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:12 AM

so far, and these #s are based on the comex gold chart. wave 1 was 42 and wave 3 was 50.9. so far all the action since new forever highs were established have held above the 80 high which is building cause. and i suspect the decline will hold above 850. i will be adding to my physical silver. dharma

#8 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:10 AM

while it is possible that the lows are in, i favor a little more up, followed by a slightly lower low. on the gold boards that i frequent i see many hoping for low #s so that they can get a low entry to the market. the 850 is excellent support, and it is the area of the 80 high. i never thought we would break the big round 1k on the 1st try, and i have doubts that we break it on the 2nd try. after that its 1250. in 76, gold took a 50% haircut from 204 to 102. we have had nothing like that. the largest has been 38%. this market still has years to go. however in the latter innings i fully expect a parabolic blowoff, its how bull markets in commodities end. lots more expression to go. dharma

#9 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:40 AM

still looking for this decline to end the 1st few days in may. seasonal charts are established including bear markets. most of golds trading life has taken place during extended bear markets. @ some point i expect to see different seasonals get expressed. in 06 a high in may for example. patience here will prove wise. the 850 #was the high in 80 holding that is very positive. we are building cause dharma

Edited by dharma, 28 April 2008 - 09:41 AM.

#10 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:24 AM

still looking for this decline to end the 1st few days in may. seasonal charts are established including bear markets. most of golds trading life has taken place during extended bear markets. @ some point i expect to see different seasonals get expressed. in 06 a high in may for example. patience here will prove wise. the 850 #was the high in 80 holding that is very positive. we are building cause
dharma

Is it at all possible that 3 of one was in May of 06 and 5 of one is on its way. Soon. Nah.....