Major support broken

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:50 PM

I think thats why its important to have guys like OGM thats sees the big picture and understands the intermediate tops and bottoms. ;)

ken29,

What is the big picture ? I am still trying to understand it. And how does that help you pick intermediate tops and bottoms ?

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#22 kc135a

kc135a

• Traders-Talk User
  • 501 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

I have moved to 10-min charts now.

I just went to 1 minute charts but I am keeping the 200 MA for a trend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KC

#23 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:01 PM

Man this board is slow on important days Probably too late by the time this shows up.....but buying 1320.25 with a stop at 1319 isn't a bad idea

#24 ken29

ken29

• Traders-Talk User
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:07 PM

I am just saying I like OGM's fundamental analysis of the market and his timely market calls. On the other hand, I think NAV is the best day trader on this board.

#25 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:47 PM

BKX still holding above yesterdays lows......I still like a big bounce here.....

#26 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:55 PM

BKX still holding above yesterdays lows......I still like a big bounce here.....

I also have the same opinion, I even think the rally will start before the close, the bears are throwing everything they can and the market is just absorbing the supply. Today is a critical pivot for a continuation sell or an exhaustion bottom... It should recover over cash 1320 by the close...

#27 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:12 PM

I've got another number on ES at 1313.75....if we didn't find the low already....Quad witching....who knows....OEX strike comes to mind at 595 too.

#28 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:15 PM

I also have the same opinion, I even think the rally will start before the close, the bears are throwing everything they can and the market is just absorbing the supply. Today is a critical pivot for a continuation sell or an exhaustion bottom... It should recover over cash 1320 by the close...

I think we're looking at some different markets. I see the market with 5 to 1 negative a/d, 9 to 1 negative volume, and a lot of broken charts. Any bounce will be sold fast.

Financials may be taking a small breather, but no reason to buy them.

Automakers debt downgrade is BAD news. really BAD.

#29 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:21 PM

I think we're looking at some different markets. I see the market with 5 to 1 negative a/d, 9 to 1 negative volume, and a lot of broken charts. Any bounce will be sold fast.

Financials may be taking a small breather, but no reason to buy them.

Automakers debt downgrade is BAD news. really BAD.

I really don't know why you insist on saying the same thing over and over. Keep in mind there are traders working different time frames and TA. I think we have your opinion ......many times over. Others might appreciate some opinion to beware of getting in front of a 40 point scorch.....

Edited by Teaparty, 20 June 2008 - 02:22 PM.

#30 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:47 PM

FWIW ....that H&S breakdown on SPY has hit target
http://stockcharts.c...2127&r=9256.png