• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:08 PM

????....within a few points of a low...don't know why...just a "Norton" thing...

#2 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

Will...maybe you don't know what is going on? Or you might be nuts? . ;) Best, Islander

#3 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:29 PM

We are at a pivot point in terms of time and price (DOW). My fearless forcast is DOW 12,000 by August 15/16th, then the bear market resumes..... Holding Long MVV today from 64.01

#4 norton

norton

• TT Member
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:48 PM

Why indeed? Why not go long? Because: We already made a low after a long steep selloff, therefore the price has already discounted the news. Because: Well, we just made a nice low with heavy negative media hype, leaped up nicely, and have retraced about half, as good a place as any to go long. Because: Going long right now is only some 30 points above the swing low, but 330 points below the swing high, much more able to place a smart stop. Because: Absolutely no one around here rang a bell at the exact top, and no one here will scream a major buy at the exact bottom. Because: Picking is better than waiting sometimes, because the bus can leave very quickly without you on board. And most importantly, as Flip Wilson said, if it feels good then do it. Join the Church of Whats Happening Now.

Edited by norton, 28 July 2008 - 04:49 PM.

Please, help stamp out vibration.

#5 isaac613

isaac613

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:58 PM

As of right now tomorrow looks just as bad as today. Financials getting rocked again afterhours. Anything could change overnight of course.

#6 mogreen

mogreen

• Traders-Talk User
  • 686 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

Why indeed?
Why not go long?
Because: We already made a low after a long steep selloff, therefore the price has already discounted the news.
Because: Well, we just made a nice low with heavy negative media hype, leaped up nicely, and have retraced about half, as good a place as any to go long.
Because: Going long right now is only some 30 points above the swing low, but 330 points below the swing high, much more able to place a smart stop.
Because: Absolutely no one around here rang a bell at the exact top, and no one here will scream a major buy at the exact bottom.
Because: Picking is better than waiting sometimes, because the bus can leave very quickly without you on board.
And most importan....tly, as Flip Wilson said, if it feels good then do it. Join the Church of Whats Happening Now.

Most excellent and agree with you....Mer is now up and financials are a buy(XLF) on any opening weekness...and a better buy if they open up..leaving another spike...however i'd love to fill the gap 19.50 or so. "The devil made me write this honey" Geraldine rest in peace! And here's a :banana: for your monkey...for those of you who remember the joke.

#7 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

u have yur head up yur .... ? :lol:

Attached Thumbnails

• _head_up_your_ass_Afq.jpg

Edited by nimblebear, 28 July 2008 - 06:01 PM.

OTIS.

#8 mogreen

mogreen

• Traders-Talk User
  • 686 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:03 PM

Who is that comment directed toooooooooooo?

#9 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:10 PM

Why indeed?
Why not go long?
Because: We already made a low after a long steep selloff, therefore the price has already discounted the news.
Because: Well, we just made a nice low with heavy negative media hype, leaped up nicely, and have retraced about half, as good a place as any to go long.
Because: Going long right now is only some 30 points above the swing low, but 330 points below the swing high, much more able to place a smart stop.
Because: Absolutely no one around here rang a bell at the exact top, and no one here will scream a major buy at the exact bottom.
Because: Picking is better than waiting sometimes, because the bus can leave very quickly without you on board.
And most importantly, as Flip Wilson said, if it feels good then do it. Join the Church of Whats Happening Now.

...I knew I could drag you out from behind the curtains...

#10 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:12 PM

...and I'll have a first class seat to be able to tell you when the next [bleeeep] is about to hit the fan....