41 replies to this topic

#21 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:20 PM

u have yur head up yur .... ? :lol:

Who is that comment directed toooooooooooo?

Oh me!...i just read the other thread with your comments. I am one of the best and at times worst traders(sorry to toot my horn) on wall street with 26 years in the business. I'm here to make MorGreen. You make your money elsewhere and post extremely bearish rubbish here that will never make you a dime in this business. I am a trader you are a pretender....Quackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Oh U again ?

then I have this for you. since I cant tell which end the verbal assault is spilling from ....You blowhard !

Attached Thumbnails

• Blowhard.jpg

Edited by nimblebear, 28 July 2008 - 07:21 PM.

OTIS.

#22 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:30 PM

Why indeed?
Why not go long?
Because: We already made a low after a long steep selloff, therefore the price has already discounted the news.
Because: Well, we just made a nice low with heavy negative media hype, leaped up nicely, and have retraced about half, as good a place as any to go long.
Because: Going long right now is only some 30 points above the swing low, but 330 points below the swing high, much more able to place a smart stop.
Because: Absolutely no one around here rang a bell at the exact top, and no one here will scream a major buy at the exact bottom.
Because: Picking is better than waiting sometimes, because the bus can leave very quickly without you on board.
And most importantly, as Flip Wilson said, if it feels good then do it. Join the Church of Whats Happening Now.

Sounds like you've got a number of reasons....so why aren't you already long? :lol:

IT

#23 CHAx

CHAx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

Tea, the only person who is Strongly bearish is nimblebear. The only thing this thread demonstrates is the number of bulls out there trying to pick yet another bottom. For me it doesn't matter, but my experience is that when the OLD bulls and OLD bears are both breaking down at the same time, it is not usually a bottom. That was the point of my post. Trade safely.

...one reason why I'll never say that anyone is wrong with their analysis....

I'll never eat crow.....and I will serve it up to those who deserve it....I've got this post marked...

Edited by CHAx, 28 July 2008 - 08:32 PM.

#24 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:50 PM

You may be right Teaparty

????....within a few points of a low...don't know why...just a "Norton" thing...

#25 norton

norton

• TT Member
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:55 PM

Why indeed?
Why not go long?
Because: We already made a low after a long steep selloff, therefore the price has already discounted the news.
Because: Well, we just made a nice low with heavy negative media hype, leaped up nicely, and have retraced about half, as good a place as any to go long.
Because: Going long right now is only some 30 points above the swing low, but 330 points below the swing high, much more able to place a smart stop.
Because: Absolutely no one around here rang a bell at the exact top, and no one here will scream a major buy at the exact bottom.
Because: Picking is better than waiting sometimes, because the bus can leave very quickly without you on board.
And most importantly, as Flip Wilson said, if it feels good then do it. Join the Church of Whats Happening Now.

Sounds like you've got a number of reasons....so why aren't you already long? :lol:

IT

---------------------
Why laughing emoticon? Why do you assume you knnow what position I supposedly do not have? What did I say to piss you off?

Edited by norton, 28 July 2008 - 08:56 PM.

Please, help stamp out vibration.

#26 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:30 PM

Why indeed?
Why not go long?

IT

---------------------
Why laughing emoticon? Why do you assume you knnow what position I supposedly do not have? What did I say to piss you off?

You said:

All this talk makes me want to go long some mini SP right now, I gotta talk to him when he gets cleaned up, are his hands visible?

From that I gathered you weren't already long. Perhaps I misinterpeted.

That said, the laughing emoticon was my way of injecting some laughter into my post. There was no direct, or indirect jab at you. You've taken it in some way that it was not intended. Too bad.

IT

#27 mogreen

mogreen

• Traders-Talk User
  • 686 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:06 AM

Everybody is a little testy today :cry: ..makes for a good bull bear debate with the gloves off. :numchuk: has hardening of the blowhole so i see why he's always bearish. My guru has the end of the world November 3rd 2008, but he's been wrong 12 times now. And what about the harmonic convergence 20 years ago...did anything change? darn, life goes on,stocks go up and down and the game never really changes. let's all enjoy the ride. :lighten: up

#28 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:53 AM

I think everyone needs to chill out a bit here ;) sit down, open a cool beer, make a spliff, go for a run, swim or walk in the park, do whatever is in your power to ensure the mind is completely in the zone. Thats my advice.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#29 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:21 AM

OK, let's say we want to be bullish. Let's say the breadth deterioration is something we can overlook because of the low volume, but then where will the leadership come from to take this market higher? The only thing I could tell you bullish is the semis underperformed the decline today. Did anyone pay attention to IRX going higher since last week while the Treasury bonds are just sitting at the same level, if not lower, during this decline?!?

#30 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:21 AM

I just want to be clear...as I've said earlier today in Nav's thread....I don't think we have seen the lows...I'm just looking for another leg up in a B wave...
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=60&yr=1&mn=1&dy=0&i=p66131416321&a=93045759&r=5884.png