38 replies to this topic

#21 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

OK.

Come to Tulsa.

We went to the Laughing Wench Saturday night.
Had fish & Chips, Guinness, more Guinness, went out on the deck to visit and drank more Guinness for 5 hours.
Wifey and I had a $60 bill.

I think the bartender was drinking too. :lol:

We even met a cajun there.

believe me the serenity of the midwest seems like heaven right now....i tried to sell the house last year after the divorce to go back home to Denver but missed the market!! now i am stuck!! lol

if i could find a good intelligent woman i could enjoy this town in other ways...being single in this town is a death trap LOL

#22 CHAx

CHAx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:21 PM

So why don't you harrass the police and hotel by filing a report and taking them to small claims? I know you probably don't care about the money, but if you are anything like me, and you sound like you are, you get even everytime. By just harrassing them in court you will teach them a lesson about Effing with you. Its time to 3-bet preflop with 10-9 suited Oh and sorry to hear about your car, I'm the same way about mine :).

#23 Woody

Woody

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:26 PM

IC and RD this has been the most entertaining thread in years! I know its a TA site but we're human too, carry on dudes!

#24 saltlake

saltlake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

You guys should all come to Salt Lake, drinks(caffein free coke) are on me. :P :lol:

#25 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:43 PM

$300 ??? Chalk it up as a win. Then sue there azzzes.
If it can be cornered, it will.

#26 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

IC and RD this has been the most entertaining thread in years!

I know its a TA site but we're human too, carry on dudes!

LOL...the most frustrating part of the night was this...

i made eye contact with this pretty hot girl who was surrounded by guys...i went up to her and kissed her on her neck and then instantly started sucking face.

Now dont get me wrong this isnt a frequent occurance usually i walk up to them with 100 dollar bill pasted on my forehead and ask them what they find attractive about me LOL

so this chick ofcourse is a stripper at the Rhino which in this town makes her a rocket scientist....so we hit it off from the beginning and i feel like chevy chase in Family Vacation and start singing "love for sale" knowing that this is going to be a prolific endeavor!

well somehow we get separted and its 3 in the morning and i start to panic thinking there is three hours till i got to get home and Marty Moose is closing the theme park at Wally World...so i proceed to go roughly 0-6 in my invitations to other sets of chicks to dance...yes 0-6...then i decide to to close the tab and get k-od with the 300 dollar tab...needless to say the wheels are coming off the iron cross wagon...I have lost my stripper, been shut down by six bar flys and now have a high school drop out bartender rail roading me for drinks for the entire bar...

its just so sad that the final dance of the evening was the waltz with officer *&%^ and the texas two step take down with officer $%^& :D :D

#27 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

It's called "padding the tab" and happens all the time, although not usually to the degree ic got hosed. Question: ic, did you by any chance buy a drink or two for anyone else during the evening, guy or gal? It would be unusual for a joint to try and hose a solo drinker who'd only had 4-5-6 g and t's and still apparently had his wits about him. Any additional people on your tab adds confusion. How's the best way to avoid this happening? When you 1st sit down for a drink tell the waitress you're trying to watch your weight and would she please help you keep track of how many you'd had. "Counting calories" is a BS excuse, but makes them aware that you're trying to be aware.

U.F.O.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#28 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

It's called "padding the tab" and happens all the time, although not usually to the degree ic got hosed. Question: ic, did you by any chance buy a drink or two for anyone else during the evening, guy or gal? It would be unusual for a joint to try and hose a solo drinker who'd only had 4-5-6 g and t's and still apparently had his wits about him. Any additional people on your tab adds confusion. How's the best way to avoid this happening? When you 1st sit down for a drink tell the waitress you're trying to watch your weight and would she please help you keep track of how many you'd had. "Counting calories" is a BS excuse, but makes them aware that you're trying to be aware.

U.F.O.

yes i bought two beers for my ex brother in law...when i told her my name somebody must have picked up on it and started ordering from another bar tender

#29 zman

zman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

IC and RD this has been the most entertaining thread in years!

I know its a TA site but we're human too, carry on dudes!

LOL...the most frustrating part of the night was this...

i made eye contact with this pretty hot girl who was surrounded by guys...i went up to her and kissed her on her neck and then instantly started sucking face.

Now dont get me wrong this isnt a frequent occurance usually i walk up to them with 100 dollar bill pasted on my forehead and ask them what they find attractive about me LOL

so this chick ofcourse is a stripper at the Rhino which in this town makes her a rocket scientist....so we hit it off from the beginning and i feel like chevy chase in Family Vacation and start singing "love for sale" knowing that this is going to be a prolific endeavor!

well somehow we get separted and its 3 in the morning and i start to panic thinking there is three hours till i got to get home and Marty Moose is closing the theme park at Wally World...so i proceed to go roughly 0-6 in my invitations to other sets of chicks to dance...yes 0-6...then i decide to to close the tab and get k-od with the 300 dollar tab...needless to say the wheels are coming off the iron cross wagon...I have lost my stripper, been shut down by six bar flys and now have a high school drop out bartender rail roading me for drinks for the entire bar...

its just so sad that the final dance of the evening was the waltz with officer *&%^ and the texas two step take down with officer $%^& :D :D

IC, man this is some fun ******** here..thanks for starting this thread...been great, when I am out in vegas I need to buy you a drink for this great entertainment..I really hope things work out for you man...cheers
Education is the best defense against the media.

#30 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

IC: next time I'm in Vegas, let's go over to the Spearmint. I'm buying -- cash.