I Called My Bank on Friday

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:05 PM

okay. let's say there is no credit crisis here or abroad. just why exactly do you figure we are being lied to :lol: ?

ed rader

Ed
You tell us. I'd like to hear your take. The record for two straight weeks in M1 indicates that everyone is lending with both hands. I can be taught. All I need are a few facts.
With respect to the 90 billion or so increase in M1 during the last two reporting periods, I suppose it could be the sum of two mammoth sized deposits by the fed and its sitting in dealer accounts unlent.
Unless that is the case, M1 cannot increase unless money is being loaned. It is not possible mathematically

James

James -- i honestly don't know but i doubt it's because george bush wants barack obama to win the white house :lol: .

i don't believe anything coming out of washington these days but my feeling is if this crisis could have been delayed to, oh, february 2009 it would have been.

so if anything i think it's worse than we are being told and that jibes with what i'm hearing here too.

ed rader

Edited by ed rader, 11 October 2008 - 05:06 PM.

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#12 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:25 PM

I expect it means large banks are not lending to each other because they are all lying about the toxic crap and folding at 4PM on Fridays.

Edited by AChartist, 11 October 2008 - 05:26 PM.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#13 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:29 PM

Actually that is the case. They want a democratic administration for the aftermath. James [/quote] James -- i honestly don't know but i doubt it's because george bush wants barack obama to win the white house :lol: . i don't believe anything coming out of washington these days but my feeling is if this crisis could have been delayed to, oh, february 2009 it would have been. so if anything i think it's worse than we are being told and that jibes with what i'm hearing here too. ed rader [/quote]

#14 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:33 PM

Then the 40% decline in the value of all markets world wide is based on people believing this lie, right? If I'm understanding correctly how all of this works...the PPT wanted stocks to go up and up throughout 2002-2007, but now these same guys have decided that they want world markets, instead, to collapse. So the PPT has been replaced by the RPT- the Rally Protection Team. Hmmmmm. interesting. Someone really should write the novel.....D
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#15 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:43 PM

Then the 40% decline in the value of all markets world wide is based on people believing this lie, right? If I'm understanding correctly how all of this works...the PPT wanted stocks to go up and up throughout 2002-2007, but now these same guys have decided that they want world markets, instead, to collapse. So the PPT has been replaced by the RPT- the Rally Protection Team. Hmmmmm. interesting. Someone really should write the novel.....D

i like a good conspiracy yarn as much as the next guy but i just don't see any advantage in faking a global economic collapse .... especially when the incumbent is sounding the alarm in an election year :lol:

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#16 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:52 PM

Except they like the naked short selling for a reason, like it was planned,
a vehicle to offset the derivative losses. They aren't that dumb like it just
happens and they are oblivious that 500T, 50 times the annual output,
has a consequence.

I'm sure they knew about it but you stop a spinning merry go round suddenly
and all the children would just fly off. They kept it going which ultimately makes
that stop worse.

Of course they knew about it, I read about it going back 3-4 years.

#17 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:15 PM

Really they were feeding this monster since 1998 is the first visible case, many from inside
the industry were trying to raise the flag. I read things 4-5 years ago that have come to pass
like prophecy. And the 2003 thing was a ruse, the economy never missed a lick and they
fed the beast, ever spinning faster lest it stop.

They didn't do all that because they were just innocent observers taken surprise.

Edited by AChartist, 11 October 2008 - 06:16 PM.

#18 James Quillian

James Quillian

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:24 PM

I am the tin horned conspiricy theorist around here and thats not the way it works at least among us kooks. The PPT is a stalking horse.
But, thats not the question at hand. I am just looking for the facts behind the alleged credit crunch since all of the numbers I can get my hands on show that banks are lending money with both hands.
M1 is the going parabolic and that can't happen in a credit crunch.

James

#19 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

I have at least 6 major credit cards and they are all offering me special savings on balance transfers at super low rates. I made at least 5 credit card purchases today, some on line and some in town.

So, I guess there is not a credit crisis.

I have been looking for hard evidence of a credit crisis but I haven't seen any.

James

James, your experience parallels mine! I also have 6 major credit cards and none of them have
reduced my credit limits. I could literally borrow and spend my way into oblivian :lol:
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#20 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:40 PM

hey james. I don't think credit crisis means credit cards. Try checking out about 100 businesses or so in various sizes from 10 million in revenue to maybe a 1 billion in revenue. Many of my customers fall into that range, and they are having difficulty getting short term borrowings in which they need to operate. Not all of course but a surprising number. Some have trouble meeting payrolls because of it. Silly thing_ they have cash in the bank. Consumer credit is a different animal. Also try getting cash at your local bank and ask to withdraw more than $10,000. I bet ya $100 they don't have it. You will have to have it special ordered. I've been making the rounds and there are several banks in our area with the same problems. depositors are withdrawing. many are taking smal chunks $5000 to $10,000 at a time over days, and just doing it repeatedly. Why do you think Bushie is wanting to guarantee all deposits in full ? Because withdrawals are heavy. They get larger as the market falls. They can't stop the hemoraging of money flow out of the banks but they are also loathe to report on it, bc they don't more people to do it and panic. One thing i believe is happening also, is that many people are keeping the money out of the banks and maybe buying silver or gold, but then also spending the money too. Maybe that is what you are seeing as far as a business pick up at the malls and such. Its subconscious. People are spending as a last hurrah of sorts before the big depression. Might as well spend it while the dola is worth something. Im spending a lot and doing my darndest to keep the economy afloat. i suggest you all do the same. the dola will be toilet paper soon. Might as well buy [bleeeep] while you can afford it. ;)
OTIS.