36 replies to this topic

#11 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

This time is different.

It is, you just don't believe me. The record high vix should tell you that it is. And I have other metrics that tell me it is. You keep buying like its not different and that's the problem.

Its not going to matter what I tell you. Never has. After it dumps 10%, you will think its bottom and buy again. After it drops another 10%, you will think its bottom and try again.

But after the first 10% drop, you should really look back at my post and think before you try buying the next 10% drop. This is my public service announcement to you. Since you are not afraid, I will be afraid for you.

Im buying lots of stuff. I dont care whether you dont think this is the bottom or not.

Beans, Bullets, Bandaids. :lol:
OTIS.

#12 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

I think the jumping out of windows will be next year. Bottom in the next week or 2. big rally into 2009 then crash and maybe everything wiped out. This derivative mess may be beyond repair. I remember arguing with someone here years ago about derivatives and I said they could wipe us out...... the other party said they reduced risk! hahahahah. is the search feature back?

#13 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:39 PM

On Wednesday, October 15 we had a big down day. One where you were still bullish. The following day a pit trader in the big S&P committed suicide, after some very large losses on that particular day. IT

#14 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:43 PM

Okay I am first to admit, I screwed up on buying the bottom... However, we will hit a bottom, looks like we might have already. We should be in for a bullish run for the next couple of months. I should have gone short once this downturn turned exponential down and stayed short until we really start to get a higher high on the 60 minute charts. I'll chaulk this one up for the next time..... Anyway, it is too late to sell and go short at the moment. I'll play this next long move.... Barry

#15 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:46 PM

Since you like doing surveys, try asking Joe (of course)Sixpack if he is buying stocks at these low levels? See how many say YES. Everyone I ask says not only no, but HELL NO. It is always darkest....... Dc sounds like the typical fellow on the street. Most of my family is in cash. Can't get them to buy a thing either. Folks are scared out there wits, thats why there not shopping. Do the math. Can't ask for a better time to get yours. Almost. Next week could be bargain central. I'll tell you when to buy dc. After I get in. :lol:
If it can be cornered, it will.

#16 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:50 PM

Ferris. You're my hero !!!

P.S. and thanks for the "warning !"
OTIS.

#17 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

Since you like doing surveys, try asking Joe (of course)Sixpack if he is buying stocks at these low levels? See how many say YES. Everyone I ask says not only no, but HELL NO. It is always darkest.......

Dc sounds like the typical fellow on the street. Most of my family is in cash. Can't get them to buy a thing either. Folks are scared out there wits, thats why there not shopping. Do the math.

Can't ask for a better time to get yours. Almost. Next week could be bargain central. I'll tell you when to buy dc. After I get in. :lol:

joe sixpack doesn't own stocks. his retirement was the equity he had in his home :lol: .

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#18 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

Market makers use s

#19 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

Market makers use short/ulrashort funds which they never had in the past down markets!!
vitaminm

#20 youmast

youmast

• TT Patron+
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:23 PM

RE: people WILL BE JUMPING OUT WINDOWS

Popular Russian joke....

We ask Russian banker, "How did you sleep tonight?"

He answer, "I was sleeping like a baby".

"How so?"

"I was crying all night and shyt over my pants" :o