Short ES 972

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:42 PM

Wave 5 of something ended. This may only be a ST trade or something longer.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#2 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

ST stuff looks bad again...exited some longs.

#3 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:46 PM

what a game this is?

never been so aware as the last few mos....sheesh! is the only word that comes to mind

posted the QQQQ pivots here this a.m. ....the breakout definition failed to transpire today

http://investorshub....age_id=33245571

#4 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:49 PM

Well if my projections for wave 4 and wave 5 are correct, we start with a gap down monday. But I know where my stops are if things don't look right.

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:01 PM

SPX 854 cash would be nice if you can take the heat that may come first next week

#6 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:07 PM

I'm not the kind to count chickens yet.. I'm more interested in making sure my eggs don't break first. Fortunately, I've started small and I was patient to wait for my target and patterns to resolve. Doesn't mean it will be what it is, but darn I was itchy all week. At least if there's a scorch, I wasn't getting burned from far below. And its at relatively overbought levels now where there's some comfort in shorting. But VIX is still high and that means price moves are quick in both directions.

#7 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

my simple versions of daily and weekly VIX

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$VIX...id=p97549507383

the weekly candle body from his week is doing something new for the pattern

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$VIX...58752&r=829

#8 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:49 PM

Well if my projections for wave 4 and wave 5 are correct, we start with a gap down monday.

But I know where my stops are if things don't look right.

..but what about the small guy....you inconsiderate bastage...you...and ONLY you will be responsible of any downward movement. I really thought that you were Mother Teresa....the lower and middle class will never forgive you for shorting.....{oh yeah, I'm gonna be put on moderation} ....you have no idea what you have just done. I really hope you are happy now that you have f..cked Joe Plumber....You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself you Anti-American piece of crap....the last bastion of "protect the uninformed" has gone "I'm in it for me" now reigns supreme.....I really hope there is a ********...he and isaac613 will be throwing darts at your balls for eternity....you stupid twit...

...oh...by the way....I shorted OEX 471....but I'm Canadian...and we have no ********...but plenty of D.O.G.s

#9 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:23 PM

Well if my projections for wave 4 and wave 5 are correct, we start with a gap down monday.

But I know where my stops are if things don't look right.

..but what about the small guy....you inconsiderate bastage...you...and ONLY you will be responsible of any downward movement. I really thought that you were Mother Teresa....the lower and middle class will never forgive you for shorting.....{oh yeah, I'm gonna be put on moderation} ....you have no idea what you have just done. I really hope you are happy now that you have f..cked Joe Plumber....You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself you Anti-American piece of crap....the last bastion of "protect the uninformed" has gone "I'm in it for me" now reigns supreme.....I really hope there is a ********...he and isaac613 will be throwing darts at your balls for eternity....you stupid twit...

...oh...by the way....I shorted OEX 471....but I'm Canadian...and we have no ********...but plenty of D.O.G.s

I make up for all my sins with this:

Kiva.org

:lol:

Every 6 figures I pull out of the market I put some into this. darn I must be supporting a small village by now!

#10 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:37 AM

out es 967.. waiting for better opportunity.