Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Reminder: Please Read
> HURST CYCLE SOFTWARE
pali
post Apr 23 2011, 12:11 AM
Post #1

Group: Traders-Talk User
Member No.: 1575

In the April issue of TASC magazine, there is an article D Hickson promoting the Hurst Cycle analysis and his software SENTIENT TRADER, which by the way is signalling a nest of cycle lows ,the nominal 20 and 40 week during the march april period.
Has anyone used this software and has any opinion and reviews to share ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
SilentOne
post Apr 23 2011, 11:21 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1038

QUOTE (pali @ Apr 23 2011, 12:11 AM) *
In the April issue of TASC magazine, there is an article D Hickson promoting the Hurst Cycle analysis and his software SENTIENT TRADER, which by the way is signalling a nest of cycle lows ,the nominal 20 and 40 week during the march april period.

hi pali,

The Hurst cycle method is my primary method and I have been using Sentient Trader exclusively for my Hurst work now for about 18 months. I was involved with the Beta testing period and saw the software evolve into what it is today. David Hickson has done an amazing job getting this software to produce a "Hurst" cycle view of the markets. I remember years back when the Hurst guru Bob Chonski (airedale) did not believe that the Hurst method could be automated into a trading software platform. And he was right because at the time there wasn't anything available that was intuitive enough to replace the manual work that goes with the original Hurst teachings.

I post publicly from time to time here, but most of my posting has ended up on private forums and at iHub.

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_...age_id=62309703

Sentient is not a panacea for cycle work. You have to understand cycles, the Hurst method and what you are looking when studying Sentient's output. If you decide to take Sentient Trader for a test run, make sure you have some Hurst cycle study under your belt as well as a general understanding of cycles. The best thing you can do if you are serious about tackling the Hurst method is to buy and study the "J.M. Hurst Cycle Course".

I have studied EW, Gann, Cycles and follow astrology via pros like Merriman. Over the last 10 years I have settled on Hurst cycles as the primary method, then Gann followed by astrology to provide the backdrop. This is of course accompanied by general technical analysis. It took me about 5-6 years to get to this point with the Hurst method. But a great practitioner was airedale, who inspired many with his Hurst work.

GL.

cheers,

john

P.S. Last 80 week loy buy signal posted here per Sentient Trader. If you study the postings at the tme and the level of bearishness on the board, you get the idea of how major lows are made. And that's why Hurst cycles work for me.

http://www.traders-talk.com/mb2/index.php?...=122983&hl=

This post has been edited by SilentOne: Apr 23 2011, 11:30 AM

--------------------
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Bangtime
post Apr 25 2011, 03:51 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9522

QUOTE (SilentOne @ Apr 23 2011, 11:21 AM) *
QUOTE (pali @ Apr 23 2011, 12:11 AM) *

hi pali,

The Hurst cycle method is my primary method and I have been using Sentient Trader exclusively for my Hurst work now for about 18 months. I was involved with the Beta testing period and saw the software evolve into what it is today. David Hickson has done an amazing job getting this software to produce a "Hurst" cycle view of the markets. I remember years back when the Hurst guru Bob Chonski (airedale) did not believe that the Hurst method could be automated into a trading software platform. And he was right because at the time there wasn't anything available that was intuitive enough to replace the manual work that goes with the original Hurst teachings.

I post publicly from time to time here, but most of my posting has ended up on private forums and at iHub.

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_...age_id=62309703

Sentient is not a panacea for cycle work. You have to understand cycles, the Hurst method and what you are looking when studying Sentient's output. If you decide to take Sentient Trader for a test run, make sure you have some Hurst cycle study under your belt as well as a general understanding of cycles. The best thing you can do if you are serious about tackling the Hurst method is to buy and study the "J.M. Hurst Cycle Course".

I have studied EW, Gann, Cycles and follow astrology via pros like Merriman. Over the last 10 years I have settled on Hurst cycles as the primary method, then Gann followed by astrology to provide the backdrop. This is of course accompanied by general technical analysis. It took me about 5-6 years to get to this point with the Hurst method. But a great practitioner was airedale, who inspired many with his Hurst work.

GL.

cheers,

john

P.S. Last 80 week loy buy signal posted here per Sentient Trader. If you study the postings at the tme and the level of bearishness on the board, you get the idea of how major lows are made. And that's why Hurst cycles work for me.

http://www.traders-talk.com/mb2/index.php?...=122983&hl=

Sorry if you consider it a redundant question but would you then say the software is pretty much "right on" to the Hurst principles or must you "massage" the results somewhat? tia

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 09:27 AM
The Financial Ad Trader
The Financial Ad Trader