4 replies to this topic

#1 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:02 AM

Link 1

Link 2

If this is true all the tinfoil hat people have been more right that even they know....

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

This is fascinating but off topic and uncomfortably likely to be morphed into politics. I've moved this and strongly urge any repliers to keep comments away from the politics and only offer elucidation or additional references or legal critique, for that matter. Mark The Admin

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

Well, I dont see why anyone is up in arms - Justia.COM is a private for-profit company - they do not have the obligation to present everything but to more or less go with their mission as far as clients want them to. the free resources seem to be a plus, or in other terms a loss leader. about them: Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Justia's mission is to advance the availability of legal resources for the benefit of society. We are especially focused on making primary legal materials and community resources free and easy to find on the Internet. The company provides Internet users with free case law, codes, regulations, legal articles and legal blog and twittterer databases, as well as additional community resources. Justia works with educational, public interest and other socially focused organizations to bring legal and consumer information to the online community. Justia provides premium Web site, blogging and online marketing solutions to help law firms optimize their marketing budget and provide their clients with an increased level of information and service. Learn more about Justia's Online Marketing Solutions. Justia is headquartered in Mountain View, California.
best,
klh

#4 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

They are perhaps the leading legal reference site in the US. Many Universities use them, too.

#5 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

They are perhaps the leading legal reference site in the US. Many Universities use them, too.

I have complained about the poverty of our educational institutions for some time - so that has little sway.

cornell has a great site to look up law and if you pay you have findlaw and lexis - so like in trading, you dont always get what you want if you only look for the free items.

I believe the supreme court will also have files, perhaps still on microfiche however.
best,
klh