Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tria
post Feb 14 2012, 02:04 PM
Post #2

Group: Traders-Talk User
Member No.: 231

QUOTE (dharma @ Feb 14 2012, 06:23 PM) *

A very accurate and well written description of the situation. Thefts have increased exponentially, one might add.

-tria mad.gif

--------------------
In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

+Quote Post
stocks
post Mar 1 2012, 08:41 AM
Post #3

Group: Traders-Talk User
Member No.: 744

I was in a bookstore/café that could neither sell books nor make coffee.

we asked the waitress for a coffee. She thanked us for our order and immediately turned and walked out the front door. My friend explained that the owner of the bookstore/café couldn’t get a license to provide coffee. She had tried to just buy a coffee machine and give the coffee away for free, thinking that lingering patrons would boost book sales.

However, giving away coffee was illegal as well. Instead, the owner had to strike a deal with a bar across the street, whereby they make the coffee and the waitress spends all day shuttling between the bar and the bookstore/café. My friend also explained to me that books could not be purchased at the bookstore, as it was after 6 p.m. and it is illegal to sell books in Greece beyond that hour. I was in a bookstore/café that could neither sell books nor make coffee.

link

--------------------
The illusion of skill..is deeply ingrained in the culture. Facts that challenge such basic assumptions – and thereby threaten people’s livelihood and self-esteem – are simply not absorbed. The mind does not digest them. - Daniel Kahneman

Organizations that take the word of overconfident experts can expect costly consequences. - Daniel Kahneman

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 01:58 AM
The Financial Ad Trader
The Financial Ad Trader