• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

And just the market can't muster anything. We'll get it sooner or later, but there is no reason to stretch or probe just yet. I'm only going to short perfect setups for now. I will go long if I ever get a good set up. M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

anyone looking for a retest of the lows during the "February Break" - I think things will be good for grains this year - zoro, selecto? tia,
best,
klh

#3 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

anyone looking for a retest of the lows during the "February Break" - I think things will be good for grains this year - zoro, selecto?

tia,

K the commercials are record net long wheat. If we go over 683 March we are going way up. Needs to hold 631 st.

I know what you mean Mark.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#4 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

I shorted around 3:50pm, holding over the weekend. We didn't get the sell today so the setup is decent for a half day or more of selling Tuesday. We usually get an opposite move from opex the following trading day. Next week still looks up but I think they shake a few out early.

#5 zman

zman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

oil prices have to be scaring the fed...there is no way we can see much further advance,
Education is the best defense against the media.

#6 Charvo

Charvo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 380 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

oil prices have to be scaring the fed...there is no way we can see much further advance,

I don't hear the media barrage concerning inflation yet. I think oil has a ways to go before it crimps the market rally. 10 year yields closed above 2. Euro is stabilizing. USD index is looking to break down right about now. We could be heading for a pullback, but there have been multiple pullbacks to the 50day SMA in the prior rallies before hitting new highs. A pullback would be welcomed by many traders who want to get long.

#7 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

We're due to a pullback to the 21-day moving average. The media has prepared people for gas to go to $4.50 to $5.00 by May. People will switch to regular and go to warehouse clubs to adjust without making lifestyle changes. I think that once regular goes over $4.00 soon, people will start to make those tradeoffs that affect other spending.

#8 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

We're due to a pullback to the 21-day moving average.

The media has prepared people for gas to go to $4.50 to $5.00 by May. People will switch to regular and go to warehouse clubs to adjust without making lifestyle changes. I think that once regular goes over $4.00 soon, people will start to make those tradeoffs that affect other spending.

I might by that expensive truck for cheap once they start selling them because they can't afford the gas..... Not that I can afford the Gas, but I don't drive that far......

#9 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

Karen, options osc on buy; news, divergences and
overboughts are being trumped by liquidity, as in the reign of QE-II.

Read this.

Edited by selecto, 18 February 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#10 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

PS: It is reported that Russia, China and Japan have been big sellers of US Treasury debt. I have to believe that the players are getting their mits on some of the proceeds.

Edited by selecto, 18 February 2012 - 02:57 PM.