2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Short Positions Over the Weekend?
TechMan
post Feb 18 2012, 10:06 AM
Post #11

Group: Traders-Talk User
Member No.: 9130

Since we're talking about inter-market, here's a couple things I look at regularly...

The Dow Jones and the Dow Jones Transports

The NASDAQ and the NASDAQ Transports

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
andiron
post Feb 18 2012, 11:39 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 8791

my grandma had said when inventory builds up, GDP data picks up but if no where to go then transports diverge...
similarly, when buildings are built, GDP goes up mightily, but if no where to go (no takers) then, Beijing, we have a problem....

This post has been edited by andiron: Feb 18 2012, 11:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
TechMan
post Feb 18 2012, 12:17 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (andiron @ Feb 18 2012, 11:39 AM) *
my grandma had said when inventory builds up, GDP data picks up but if no where to go then transports diverge...
similarly, when buildings are built, GDP goes up mightily, but if no where to go (no takers) then, Beijing, we have a problem....

Other than telling me to always wear clean underwear, my grandma, bless her soul, had also told me that they can always keep building. And, if nobody wants to live in it, they can start building pyramids. Well, O.K., the pyramids idea's from one of my econ professors. Bless his soul.

Unfortunately, nothing's going to stop them from building more, pyramids or buildings.

This post has been edited by TechMan: Feb 18 2012, 12:20 PM

+Quote Post
TechMan
post Feb 19 2012, 04:04 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (TechMan @ Feb 17 2012, 02:57 PM) *
If the NYA goes down today, Jeremy Lin and the NY Knicks may come up short against the lowly Hornets tonight to end their 7-game winning streak.

Obviously, one of the above didn't happen, but another Jeremy Lin double-double today led the Knicks past the defending champion Mavs. This kid's un-freaking-believable. Just imagine the kinda pressure playing at MSG in NYC. Too bad, my hopeless and gutless Golden State Warriors had let him go.

==============

Early trading indicates "risk-on" as Chinese central bank (PBOC) announced an earlier than expected easing by cutting bank reserve ratio by 50 bp.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 07:15 PM
The Financial Ad Trader
The Financial Ad Trader