• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wallcrawler

Wallcrawler

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:38 PM

U.S. investors send their cash packing

snip<Investors flooded international stock funds with an estimated $150 billion last year, according to TrimTabs.com, which tracks flows of money into and out of mutual funds. An estimated $180 billion flowed into stock funds of all types.

By contrast, "The $30 billion that went to U.S. stock funds is the smallest since 2002," says Charles Biderman, CEO of TrimTabs.com.>snip
$ No more effort is required to aim high in life, or to demand excellence and success than is required to accept failure and poverty. $ ~ Anonomous

#2 briarberry

briarberry

• Traders-Talk User
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:10 PM

GS is too

MUMBAI: US-Based Goldman Sachs, one of the largest and oldest investment banks in the world, is set to commence stock broking operations and advisory services in India, having received the requisite licences.

The Economic Times India Jan 9. 2007

Goldman gets green light for stock broking

Jan. 10 (Bloomberg) -- NYSE Group Inc. and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. led a group of investors that agreed to buy 20 percent of the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd., tapping the world's second-fastest-growing major economy.

Goldman, the most profitable brokerage in Wall Street history, already owns a 7 percent stake in India's National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Ltd. Goldman and the buyout firm General Atlantic were early investors in Archipelago and are currently among the top five shareholders of NYSE Group.

NYSE, Goldman Invest in India's National Stock Market

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:51 PM

It's about time Goldman Sachs and others took positions in India. I read somewhere that if present growth rates continue (highly improbable) Indian economy will overtake US economy in 35 years.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule