clx students

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:59 PM

you will notice that the 10 day clx has rolled over after the dow ran into its 50 day ma....as we indicated on this board last week we expected a reaction off that MA......the 10 day clx is now in a declining mode and according to the offsets is vulnerable till apr 9 which is the week before the april expiration,apr20.....which if you hadnt noticed is a bradley turn date.....i would be less than surprised to see the market be under pressure till the 9th before the boys take it up for the april expiration........the march april may period has historicaly offered up bargains and has been coincident many times with a huge improvement in sentiment figures......we may see a split market in the meantime as the naz appears to be in a 2nd wave pullback... max risk on the dow appears to be its rising 200 day ma near 11900 as some astute market students on this board have observed.....tending to confirm this idea would be a close by the dow below todays low of 125257 which unfortunately was slighty below the prior 38.2 resistance which is now implied support...that 38.2 resistance was 12266.....on the flip side the jun spooz did close above the 50% support resistance line and with wed gap leaves open a surprise upside blast....there are 2 gapsabove themarket up to the 88.7retrace which is 1466.02amazingly the gap fills at 1465.80....the short term headache is the gap at 1399.......i saw cramer on cnbc this morning during the opening decline.......and he unfortunately was sanguine about wed action..as are a number of market observer on this board appear to be bottom fishing.....its never easy is it....... :blink:

#2 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:08 PM

Cheif...is that really you? I understood what you said without having to guess at your meaning :lol:
Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#3 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:12 PM

I'm stunned.

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:21 PM

clx student joanne on WW...supplied these charts and commentary
http://homepage.mac....2231/328off.gif
Thank you for those specifics....I've been again reminded to 'look'.....not 'think'......g! : )

All this time I've merely been looking at the 'direction' of the offsets....but not in relation to the CLX MA's themselves. Now I think I 'see it' as you do and it thus makes offets a much better 'sensor'.

In my computer charts...Excel also computes the CLX MA's forward as if 'unchanged' and I think it also contributes a bit to the picture.

#5 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:24 PM

After what he was through on Feb 27, looks like he started eating it with a cup of cold water....Market works in mysterious ways doesnt it ... :lol: "There are old traders and there are bold traders, but there are only a few old and bold traders"... said some legend some years ago .

Edited by xD&Cox, 28 March 2007 - 08:34 PM.

#6 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:26 PM

..as are a number of market observer on this board appear to be bottom fishing.....its never easy is it....... :blink:

Ever bottom fish for bulls?

Posted Image

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:47 PM

After what he was through on Feb 27, looks like he started eating it with a cup of cold water....Market works in mysterious ways doesnt it ... :lol:
"There are old traders and there are bold traders, but there are only a few old and bold traders"... said some legend some years ago .

what were you eating after this one

Oct 8 2006, 05:13 PM Post #6

Group: Traders-Talk User
Member No.: 914

Just because I have been shorting , number of the hate emails I received from M6 club skyrocketed in the last few days... The very same people that did the very same thing at the IT bottom when I was buying.

This is a sentiment indicator that no one can produce or measure by pools. And it has been working like a clock for years.

Mother of all tops is near...

#8 golden

golden

• Traders-Talk User
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:00 PM

Don

Sounds like your old voice is back.

I should know, I was a subscriber back in the day.

Saved me a bundle in the fall of '87.

http://homepage.mac....42231/DW87.html

Greatly appreciated

Tony

Edited by golden, 28 March 2007 - 09:01 PM.

"There is only one side of the market and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side."

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:08 PM

Don

Sounds like your old voice is back.

I should know, I was a subscriber back in the day.

Saved me a bundle in the fall of '87.

http://homepage.mac....42231/DW87.html

Greatly appreciated

Tony

SNORT

#10 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:14 PM

After what he was through on Feb 27, looks like he started eating it with a cup of cold water....Market works in mysterious ways doesnt it ... :lol:
"There are old traders and there are bold traders, but there are only a few old and bold traders"... said some legend some years ago .

what were you eating after this one

Oct 8 2006, 05:13 PM Post #6

Group: Traders-Talk User
Member No.: 914

Just because I have been shorting , number of the hate emails I received from M6 club skyrocketed in the last few days... The very same people that did the very same thing at the IT bottom when I was buying.

This is a sentiment indicator that no one can produce or measure by pools. And it has been working like a clock for years.

Mother of all tops is near...

That is right, see my signature how I traded them ....

Isnt it amazing you finally got cautious after Equity P/C skyrocketed tonight... Maybe I will lighten up tomorrow ...

BTW most of those short positions I opened around the time I made that post was closed with %10 to %50 profits near the recent bottom. All posted here realtime ... ;)

Edited by xD&Cox, 28 March 2007 - 09:20 PM.