Photo

"Japan gov’t worried reactor buildings are in danger of collapse — 'We must devise some ways' to reinforce structures despite high radiation"...

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#51 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

Hi everyone, according to a report from enenews.com, "IAEA: White "smoke" continues to be emitted from units No. 2 and 3 May 5th, 2011 at 04:50 AM." According to the report:

Fukushima Nuclear Accident Update Log, IAEA, May 3, 2011:

Overall, the situation at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant remains very serious. [...]

White "smoke" continues to be emitted from Unit 2 and Unit 3. There was no more white "smoke" seen emanating from Unit 4 as of 21:30 UTC on 25 April or from Unit 1 as of 21:30 UTC on 30 April.

Bob-C

Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#52 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

Hi everyone, according to a report from lucaswhitefieldhixson.com, "Blue Light Radiating From Smoking Fukushima Daiichi - May 7th 2011 Updated: Possible Reactor Fires." See the report and videos here.

Bob-C
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#53 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

Hi everyone, according to a report from enenews.com, "TEPCO says 'sharp rise' in temperature at reactor No. 3, up 70ºF in a day — Japanese media: Is it due to the melting of nuclear fuel?May 8th, 2011 at 12:12 PM." The report states:

“Tokyo Electric reported a sharp rise in temperature at the nearby Reactor 3. It was at 202 degrees Celcius early Sunday, up 40 degrees in less than a day” -Voice of America, May 8, 2011

Unit temperature rise of 3 or fuel melting due to, TBS, May 8, 2011:

The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant accident. In Unit 3 has raised the temperature of the reactor, and that does not contain enough water for the damage to the cooling pipe, a portion of the fuel burn-through, the heat came from there, perhaps because a found in an interview that government officials are.

The temperature of the Unit 3 reactor pressure vessel 08 at 5:00 am and 151.9 degrees upward trend becoming restless, but has increased compared to nearly 40 degrees a week ago.

According to officials, the cause of the temperature rise is not in good enough for the water damaged some water pipes are sent to the reactor, and even some fuel rods melted fall down, it is considered likely that the heat emitting.

Toukyoudenryoku for injection into the reactor, even this weekend, will switch to another pipe plumbing system currently being used.

Meanwhile, now that the Unit 1 reactor building doors open at 8:00 pm on September 8. At this time, but will be released from the small amount of radioactive material, “exhaust blower” that level is down by NISA impact on the surrounding environment is “no obstacle” judges for permission.

The door opened, people have become to be able to work inside the reactor building, Unit 1 will be able to progress toward a stable cooling.

Translation via FanJapan:

The title of this article is 3号機の温度上昇、燃料溶融が原因か which means “Is the temperature rise at unit 3 due to the melting of nuclear fuel?” [...]

Both English and Japanese are not my mother tongue, so it might not be a perfect translation^^

福島第一原発の事故です。3号機では原子炉の温度が上がっていますが、冷却のための水が配管の損傷のために十分に入っていないことや、燃料の一部が溶け落ち、そこから出た熱が原因として考えられることが政府関係者への取材でわかりました。
This is about the accident at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant. It has been reported by a person related to the Japanese government that the temperature is rising at the nuclear reactor of unit 3, and it is thought that it is because of heating up due to either an insufficient incoming water due to a damage in water pipes of the cooling system, or because of a part of the nuclear fuel which has melted and fallen down. [...]

Bob-C

#54 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:19 PM

Hi everyone, according to a report from http://www.houseoffoust.com/fukushima/r4sinking.html:

UPDATE: I have confirmation from the media in Japan that this is not an optical illusion on the TBS camera. Reactor 4 is indeed leaning over.
I also received a secondary confirmation from staff at the plant via a media source that this is true, reactor 4 is leaning. They have a construction
crew contracted to help shore up the building but no word if they have started work or not.

Reactor 4 may be leaning and falling over. Look at the image below. I was alerted to this by someone who read a post on Physics Forum
talking about the oddness in the TBS live cam image. I grabbed a copy and put some vertical lines and #4 is indeed off vertical to the right.
The other objects appear to be fully upright. Either this is quite the optical illusion or 4 is falling over with a load of fresh fuel in the spent fuel pool.

[img]
http://www.houseoffoust.com/fukushima/sinking5_7a.jpg[/img]

May 7th updated screen shot of reactor 4.

[img]http://www.houseoffoust.com/fukushima/cam/cranemove5_8.jpg[/img]

Image of the crane movement from 5.7 (CST, 5.8 JST). The crane is further
left and inserted into the building at the work floor level. It has previously
been more centered and spraying from the ceiling level down in.

[img]http://www.houseoffoust.com/fukushima/sinking.jpg[/img]

Some new images of reactor 4 from May 6.

[img]http://www.houseoffoust.com/fukushima/sinking.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.houseoffoust.com/fukushima/sinking5_6a.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.houseoffoust.com/fukushima/sinking5_6b.jpg[/img]

See the URL above for more information.

Bob-C

Edited by Bob-C, 08 May 2011 - 09:24 PM.

#55 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

Hi everyone, according to a report fromm enenews.com, "Nuclear physicist suspects No. 3 MOX spent fuel rods have spread out and surrounding area is contaminated with plutonium — 'You can never return to this place again'
May 9th, 2011 at 09:08 AM." The report explains:

Deadly Silence on Fukushima, Vivian Norris for the Huffington Post, May 9, 2011:

I received the following email a few days ago from a Russian nuclear physicist friend who is an expert on the kinds of gases being released at Fukushima. Here is what he wrote:

About Japan: the problem is that the reactor uses "dirty" fuel. It is a combination of plutonium and uranium (MOX).

I suspect that the old fuel rods have bean [sic] spread out due to the explosion and the surrounding area is contaminated with plutonium which means you can never return to this place again.

It is like a new Tchernobyl. Personally, I am not surprised that the authority has not informed people about this.
[...] I have also watched as the news has virtually disappeared. There is something extremely disturbing going on and having lived through the media blackout in France back in April and early May 1986, and speaking to doctors who are deeply concerned by the dramatic increase in cancers appearing at very young ages, it is obvious that information is being held back. [...]

Bob-C

#56 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:49 AM

Hi everyone, according to a report from enenews.com, "'Very, Very Serious': Unit No. 4 leaning, in danger of falling — Gov't confirms stabilization efforts underway (PHOTO & VIDEO) May 10th, 2011 at 03:21 PM." See the images and video here.

Bob-C

#57 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

Hi everyone, according to a report from enenewes.com, "Dawn at Fukushima: Enhanced image exposes smoke/steam billowing from reactor buildings No. 2, 3, 4 (PHOTOS) May 11th, 2011 at 04:42 PM." See the images and live news feed here.

Bob-C

#58 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:24 AM

Hi everyone, according to a report from ex-skf.blogspot.com, "Updated) #Fukushima I Nuke Plant: Reactor 1's RPV Has Hardly Any Water." The report states:

(UPDATE: MBS News has been updated (12:04PM JST) and it includes this bit of new information from TEPCO's press conference that just ended:

こうした中、放射性物質がこれ以上大気中に飛散するのを防ぐため、13日から1号機の原子炉建屋に化学繊維でできたカバーを掛ける作業が始まることが明らかになりました。

To prevent radioactive materials from further escaping into the atmosphere, TEPCO will start work on May 13 to cover up the Reactor 1 reactor building with cloth made of synthetic cloth.

As to the water level, it is "more than 5 meters below the top of the fuel rods" and "unmeasurable". (So, "more than 5 meters below the top of the fuel rods" is just an estimate.)

--------------------------------------------

Murphys have never left Fukushima I Nuke Plant, and they are coming out from their hiding places.

After the workers braved the very high radiation inside the Reactor 1 reactor building and repaired the pressure gauge and the water gauge inside the Containment Vessel and the Reactor Pressure Vessel (RPV), TEPCO is finding out that the number they've been reporting on the level of water inside the RPV that houses the nuclear fuel rods was very, very wrong, and there's hardly any water inside the RPV.

It also turns out that there is little water in the Containment Vessel that houses the RPV.

There goes the "water entombment" scheme. All the water that has been poured into the reactor has gone somewhere. Both the RPV and the Containment Vessel of the Reactor 1 have been breached.

See here for the rest of the report and associated comments.

Bob-C

Edited by Bob-C, 12 May 2011 - 02:26 AM.

#59 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:24 AM

Hi everyone, according to a report from enenews.com, "'Nuclear meltdown at Fukushima' — TEPCO worried fuel burned a hole through bottom of containment vesselMay 12th, 2011 at 10:10 AM." The report explains:

Nuclear meltdown at Fukushima plant, Telegraph, May 12, 2011:

One of the reactors at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi power plant did suffer a nuclear meltdown, Japanese officials admitted for the first time today, describing a pool of molten fuel at the bottom of the reactor’s containment vessel.

[..] Now the company is worried that the molten pool of radioactive fuel may have burned a hole through the bottom of the containment vessel, causing water to leak.

“We will have to revise our plans,” said Junichi Matsumoto, a spokesman for Tepco. “We cannot deny the possibility that a hole in the pressure vessel caused water to leak”.

Tepco has not clarified what other barriers there are to stop radioactive fuel leaking if the steel containment vessel has been breached. Greenpeace said the situation could escalate rapidly if “the lava melts through the vessel”.

Bob-C

#60 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

I agree bob, What shocks the crap out of me is they are not reporting it! I did see a scroll by that said water leaking out of reactor and fuel rods might melt down. This should be front page news! Makes me wonder why the hush is on? ******* bless those people....