The ever better bargain

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

I don't know why anyone is enraptured of this ETF except as a widow-and-orphans short. It's like there are gas bugs. We even had a trader a year or so ago who swore he was giving up gold completely to trade exclusively in the nat gas trap. Said it was the future of the energy world or some such claptrap. I haven't noticed him talking about it anymore. Selective memory, I guess.

Amazing. What was it at before the reverse split and has it gotten back to the split level again? Was that at five?

Just the other day I was beating my head against the wall again on this dog. Oh, well...one of these days I suppose I'm going to look like a fool for rapping this commodity but so be it, that will be one day in a lot of years.

P.S. Why is there a permanent UNG chart at the top of this board?

http://stockcharts.c...7945&r=3440.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:48 AM

hey if it is that bad, find some shares to short?

#3 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

The poster fails to get it that this is a trading board and not an investing board. The tone of postings hints perhapso at some unpleasant experience on the long side. F&D
"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D

#4 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

moreover, UNG is a star today

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

The poster fails to get it that this is a trading board and not an investing board.
The tone of postings hints perhapso at some unpleasant experience on the long side.

F&D

Check the archive, I've been trashing UNG since the day it cropped up here and suddenly the entire board was muy in love with it. That's why there's a permanent chart at the top of the board. The traders (and in those days, investors) just had to have it. At that time, I suggested it was a waste of time and/or money and it proceeded prove me right by sluggishly, sluggishly, sluggishly going down until it hardly moved at all...

Granted the swings improved after they reverse split it so everyone could quit trying to buy a penny or two), and granted anything can be a good trading vehicle but there are at least a thousand better options than this dog. Like silver, gold, coal, steel, oil, fertilizer...and almost any stock you can hit with a dart. That goes for the short side too.

Someday UNG could go crazy, like the day fracking is banned, but by the time that happens, clean drinking water will probably have been better trade by far too...

Just my two cents...

I hope you're short but beware of the two-bit bounce.

:)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#6 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

Urghhhhh, AGGHHHH! Sorry, just clearing my throat. :D

#7 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

I don't know why anyone is enraptured of this ETF except as a widow-and-orphans short. It's like there are gas bugs. We even had a trader a year or so ago who swore he was giving up gold completely to trade exclusively in the nat gas trap. Said it was the future of the energy world or some such claptrap. I haven't noticed him talking about it anymore. Selective memory, I guess.

Amazing. What was it at before the reverse split and has it gotten back to the split level again? Was that at five?

Just the other day I was beating my head against the wall again on this dog. Oh, well...one of these days I suppose I'm going to look like a fool for rapping this commodity but so be it, that will be one day in a lot of years.

P.S. Why is there a permanent UNG chart at the top of this board?

http://stockcharts.c...7945&r=3440.png

Ever better...another week.

Gotta admit though, even I'm getting tempted to buy some of this bag of wind since the potential for what was a whopping two-bit bounce is getting to be a chance for an eight-bit bounce.

#8 uburack

uburack

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

Gotta admit though, even I'm getting tempted to buy some of this bag of wind since the potential for what was a whopping two-bit bounce is getting to be a chance for an eight-bit bounce.

Don't tempt me. Been watching from the corner of my eye for a year now but like they say, don't trade what you don't know. Somebody please make the case for gas... please.
John 21:6 And he said unto them, "Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find". They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.

#9 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

Don't tempt me. Been watching from the corner of my eye for a year now but like they say, don't trade what you don't know. Somebody please make the case for gas... please.

My "ever better" is sarcastic. There is no case for gas.

#10 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

how low can she go?