#101 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

oh no doubt
but i think they hold their few remaining bullets till later

dougie:

The gun is a howitzer and the trigger is stuck in the "on" position - anything else and they are toast!

stubaby B)

w/you there. debase or default
notice the 1773 keeps getting tested and holding. indicating it wants higher.
i can wait
dharma
did some light buying on the dips

#102 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:34 AM

oh no doubt

dougie:

The gun is a howitzer and the trigger is stuck in the "on" position - anything else and they are toast!

stubaby B)

i can wait
dharma

Just thought I would update you on Dorsey's point and figure on gold...I got a sell yesterday with a target of 1620 which doesn't mean it has to get there..yet, I also got a "last sale alert up" which would mean some reversal upward coming..1800 would be a buy again...Good trading
TM

#103 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:20 AM

Any opinions on Newmont Mining? I was thinking of building a long term holding on this. They raised quarterly dividends by 50% to 30 cents per share and I heard the CEO on CNBC talking about continuing to increase their dividends. Appreciate any pros/cons. I've done my own dd and it's close to a pnf sell but that would be the time to get it during that sell period (sell at 67)..but at 73 it's a new pnf buy. Thanks TM

#104 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:15 AM

Any opinions on Newmont Mining? I was thinking of building a long term holding on this. They raised quarterly dividends by 50% to 30 cents per share and I heard the CEO on CNBC talking about continuing to increase their dividends.
Appreciate any pros/cons. I've done my own dd and it's close to a pnf sell but that would be the time to get it during that sell period (sell at 67)..but at 73 it's a new pnf buy.
Thanks
TM

i dont own nem, but it is a major producer. and when this next leg begins. if the market holds true to form institutional investors will buy the majors 1st. and i suspect this happens when this leg begins. sinclair posted alf fields speech yesterday. it is still on his site.
i am watching the 1773
1708 these #s represent the .382 and .5 correction points. so far the market is giving little ground. the market is not tipping its hand . above 1773 and we are in the next price cycle , above 1800 and we are ready to rumble. sovereigns backs are to the wall. they sterilized the piigs bonds , but the spanish bond is yielding over the dangerous 6%. they are going to have to debase @a greater pace. gold 's price as an alternate currency will begin to reflect that. now its in wait and see mode. not tipping its hand. i am using the weakness to add to my existing positions. though i may venture into some others
those of us who hold jag, have a 73% above yesterday's price payday
http://www.reuters.c.../...News&rpc=43
dharma

#105 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

THe boys want to run this down into options expiration: can they do ti?
If so, 1620-50 isnt out of the question

oh no doubt

dougie:

stubaby B)

i can wait
dharma

Just thought I would update you on Dorsey's point and figure on gold...I got a sell yesterday with a target of 1620 which doesn't mean it has to get there..yet, I also got a "last sale alert up" which would mean some reversal upward coming..1800 would be a buy again...Good trading
TM

#106 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

i threw away my turban some years ago. all i know is the drill , buy weakness , sell strength and that is what i have been doing today. yes, its options expiration and the consolidation in this zone continues. miners and gold not giving much ground dharma

#107 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:33 AM

we are in a period of low inflation, rising dollar, and investors dont seem that fearful. and yet, gold still holds above the round #(1700). 1773 is in the rear view mirror for now. it seems we may test 1724=.382 or 1708=.5 correction. the mining indexes oversold on the hourlies. slowly, i am putting cash to work. the sovereign debt is not going to go away. like it or not the eu and fed will print. or we go down the rabbit hole. on the horizon lies another 2008 event , w/ a weaker financial fabric then in 2008. my work shows that in 2012. where i think a deeper correction takes place. now , we are in the seasonally strongest period of the year. could it happen now? sure anything is possible. i am an investor not a trader, i hold 0leverage. all my positions are fully paid for. heroes like celente got caught holding leveraged positions. and he says that he lost 6figures. expert more news like this along the way. sure he is a professional w/ years of experience. we are in desperate times here. and dishonesty is rampant. its why i have my eye on mf global, i mean these people have segregated accounts and they somehow went in there and took folks assets. on 2 other boards where i post, 2 guys that i know also had that experience. the executives of mf global should go to jail. lets see what happens! the moral fabric of the country is in the toilet anyway watching the #s. watching jag and ng -the latter finally, it seems , decided to sell assets to build out donlin. tuesday is a turn date. 80 is resistance on the dollar. of course the value of the dollar is against other fiats. watching , and waiting bulls go higher, but in their own time. i can and will wait. dharma forecasting is one thing , responding to the market is where the money is made

Edited by dharma, 17 November 2011 - 10:34 AM.

#108 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

dharma: Feels like Wave 4's across the board in the PM's, IMHO Nibbling here! stubaby B)

#109 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:16 PM

stubaby- we are in agreement
http://www.zerohedge...ycle-its-simple
this is one highly charged interview! "Buying gold is just buying a put against the idiocy of the political cycle. It's That Simple"
kyle bass is one cool dude! he didnt lose it !

#110 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

dharma, please do not think for a moment that you are talking to yourelf. I have been following all the intelligent posts in this thread from Athens-Greece, of all places, for the last 3-4 years and fully understand and agree with your thoughts. Just wanted you to know I read you loud and clear and appreciate your postings a lot. We imported the exotic but toxic financial "on credit" life style from abroad, both as a Country and as a Society and are left to our predicament and we must pay the piper now. Returning the favor to "our creditors", we are now exporting the mass demonstrations and rebellion against the Politicians and the banksters, as way of life. Best regards from Athens to all the Gold posters, Lazaros

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky