its time for a new thread!

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#51 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

looks like dollar could go down and gbg looks attractive. KGC is coming out with earnings today Might be good exit point.

#52 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

make no mistake, we are in a big deflation! some folks got that right, its the rest of the facts that they have confused. right now the euro is and has been in a downtrend against the dollar and gold, that means that if europeans have their money in euros they are losing pp. if they have their money in gold and dollars they are increasing their pp. europeans have been through many financial crises over the centuries,unlike americans, they are not new to gold investing. so of those 2 vehicles which is real money. the dollar , which is debt based. or gold which is debt free and intrinsic money. the problem folks run into in deflations is they think gold should go down. hardly, it will not be long for the viability of the banks comes into question. remember in the 30s there were numerous banks closings and holidays. now also stocks are real assets, if qe or some other form of printing takes shape stocks could also do well. i dont have a dime in common stocks. its more iffy to me than gold @this time. gold is not a religion to me, its a vehicle for this time of debt laden sovereigns. the threats against greeks are hollow. bring down greece and the other ponzi scheme cbs in the euro community get affected . they all lent each other money. sure seems to me, like we have the potential for an explosive situation in the pms. dharma

#53 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

make no mistake, we are in a big deflation!
some folks got that right, its the rest of the facts that they have confused.
right now the euro is and has been in a downtrend against the dollar and gold, that means that if europeans have their money in euros they are losing pp. if they have their money in gold and dollars they are increasing their pp. europeans have been through many financial crises over the centuries,unlike americans, they are not new to gold investing. so of those 2 vehicles which is real money. the dollar , which is debt based. or gold which is debt free and intrinsic money.
the problem folks run into in deflations is they think gold should go down. hardly, it will not be long for the viability of the banks comes into question. remember in the 30s there were numerous banks closings and holidays. now also stocks are real assets, if qe or some other form of printing takes shape stocks could also do well. i dont have a dime in common stocks. its more iffy to me than gold @this time. gold is not a religion to me, its a vehicle for this time of debt laden sovereigns. the threats against greeks are hollow. bring down greece and the other ponzi scheme cbs in the euro community get affected . they all lent each other money. sure seems to me, like we have the potential for an explosive situation in the pms.
dharma

Today gold has broken out of a Triple Top Spread that happened on 10/25 on Dorsey's Point and Figure (2nd buy signal)..I forget how to calculate the price Objective but it's higher than the last one of $2040..I"ll see that tomorrow on Dorsey's site...but a Triple Top Spread is a pretty reliable pattern..with about an 80% of accuracy..well, today that happened..now we see how high this goes..I recall 1822 is Armstrong's target for the bottom to be in too fwiw
DHarma, didnt you say 1764 is a Gann number beginning into your next cycle?...
Thanks for your updates Dharma...
TM
P.S..if gold touches 1680 on pnf it would be a sell..and that will be higher if we get some up and down action to reverse gold down to O (supply taking over)..right now, it's in the X (demand)

Edited by tradermama, 03 November 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#54 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

make no mistake, we are in a big deflation!
some folks got that right, its the rest of the facts that they have confused.
right now the euro is and has been in a downtrend against the dollar and gold, that means that if europeans have their money in euros they are losing pp. if they have their money in gold and dollars they are increasing their pp. europeans have been through many financial crises over the centuries,unlike americans, they are not new to gold investing. so of those 2 vehicles which is real money. the dollar , which is debt based. or gold which is debt free and intrinsic money.
the problem folks run into in deflations is they think gold should go down. hardly, it will not be long for the viability of the banks comes into question. remember in the 30s there were numerous banks closings and holidays. now also stocks are real assets, if qe or some other form of printing takes shape stocks could also do well. i dont have a dime in common stocks. its more iffy to me than gold @this time. gold is not a religion to me, its a vehicle for this time of debt laden sovereigns. the threats against greeks are hollow. bring down greece and the other ponzi scheme cbs in the euro community get affected . they all lent each other money. sure seems to me, like we have the potential for an explosive situation in the pms.
dharma

Today gold has broken out of a Triple Top Spread that happened on 10/25 on Dorsey's Point and Figure (2nd buy signal)..I forget how to calculate the price Objective but it's higher than the last one of $2040..I"ll see that tomorrow on Dorsey's site...but a Triple Top Spread is a pretty reliable pattern..with about an 80% of accuracy..well, today that happened..now we see how high this goes..I recall 1822 is Armstrong's target for the bottom to be in too fwiw
DHarma, didnt you say 1764 is a Gann number beginning into your next cycle?...
Thanks for your updates Dharma...
TM
P.S..if gold touches 1680 on pnf it would be a sell..and that will be higher if we get some up and down action to reverse gold down to O (supply taking over)..right now, it's in the X (demand)

traderama- yes 1764 is a gann # above that and its game on we hit it this am and backed off. above that and its game on its also sinclairs #
interesting p&f stuff, keep it coming
dharma
by the way the euro cut rates!

#55 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:04 AM

"the problem folks run into in deflations is they think gold should go down. hardly," well, imo it may well go down but not relative to nearly every other asset class

#56 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

one other thing. since the inception of the bull , miners have gotten cheap vs gold @the inception of the bull, 08 , and @the present juncture. granted we are not as low now as we were in 08 but miners are undervalued here
http://kingworldnews...ast_Decade.html

http://www.caseyrese...sset-management
dharma

#57 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

Regarding the dollar and the price of gold. Robin Griffiths thinks both, from here on out, can go up together. KWN November 3, 2011 Robin Griffiths - Silver is a Ten or Twenty Bagger From Here
Peace
johngeorge

#58 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

i read that the miners had not gotten cheap just issued lots more shares so the market caps are actually not cheaper relative to gold

#59 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

i read that the miners had not gotten cheap just issued lots more shares so the market caps are actually not cheaper relative to gold

got a link?
dharma

#60 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:29 AM

will look for it: was yesterday I beleive: analysis of Canadian companies