Sinclair Warning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

For your sake immediately take delivery of your gold and silver. For your sake immediately take paper delivery of your gold and silver shares from those very few companies still willing to facilitate that kind of transaction. For your sake immediately make your general securities positions "direct registration" as a second best method of protection the asset against failure of your clearing facility. James Sinclair anyone want to coment

#2 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:48 AM

For your sake immediately take delivery of your gold and silver.
For your sake immediately take paper delivery of your gold and silver shares from those very few companies still willing to facilitate that kind of transaction.
For your sake immediately make your general securities positions "direct registration" as a second best method of protection the asset against failure of your clearing facility.
James Sinclair

anyone want to coment

Could you post a link? I'd like to read it in total context. Thank you.
TM

#3 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:16 AM

For your sake immediately take paper delivery of your gold and silver shares from those very few companies still willing to facilitate that kind of transaction.
For your sake immediately make your general securities positions "direct registration" as a second best method of protection the asset against failure of your clearing facility.
James Sinclair

anyone want to coment

TM

Sinclair 12 2 2011

jsmineset website

#4 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:51 PM

James Sinclair

anyone want to coment

TM

Sinclair 12 2 2011

Thank you
TM

jsmineset website

#5 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

my limited understanding is that making your securities DR is NOT EASY: company needs to agree first, then your broker

#6 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:19 AM

my limited understanding is that making your securities DR is NOT EASY: company needs to agree first, then your broker

unless something has changed..back in the 80s i took possessions of my certificates..and it just took a few days to get it..but there was never a problem then..of course we are living in usual times...but I wouldn't think it has changed...I can't imagine why they need to give approval when you own the shares?..Unless this is something else that I'm not aware of..aren't you speaking about taking your stock certificates and getting it off the street, right?
TM

#7 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

stocks generally do not have certificaes anymore - they are street registration - even direct registration will only be on the books - DR if used will make it more difficult to trade, so this is only for stuff you intend to hold, i would think. this is per memory, double check all.
best,
klh

#8 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:26 AM

dasein: that is what i have read too