TD Sequential Countdown---want to add this to my tools, couple questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jhoe

Jhoe

• Traders-Talk User
  • 481 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

Looking to start using this countdown to help spot/confirm trend reversals, and first wanted to ask a few questions. 1. Anyone have a link(s) to a good tutorial? I've done my "googling" recently and found a couple good tutorials/applications. But this kind of research is the sort you can never have too much of. 2. If anyone is already using it , could you please post your findings or at least conclusions? It will be helpful to compare/contrast once I do my work on it over the weekend. Thanks in advance. My instinct says this may be a good tool to put to work in the current market...long relentless trend, other technicals starting to get very very mixed esp on a weekly basis, few key indices like trans and rut not confirming multi-yr highs, et al. I'm always looking to expand my arsenal of indicators, and this may provide the clarity/reinforcement for a fairly bearish finish to 2012 IMO. Will def post more on this once I get beneath the surface.

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

One of the concerning factors here is the TED spread. You would've expected it to come down much more by now. I would look into CDX and other credit indices. They lead the equities or let's say the derivatives are more volatile to give you early warning signs. Currently, all of them are saying we are slowly approaching to a bigger correction...

#3 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

Looking to start using this countdown to help spot/confirm trend reversals, and first wanted to ask a few questions.

1. Anyone have a link(s) to a good tutorial? I've done my "googling" recently and found a couple good tutorials/applications. But this kind of research is the sort you can never have too much of.
2. If anyone is already using it , could you please post your findings or at least conclusions? It will be helpful to compare/contrast once I do my work on it over the weekend.

Thanks in advance. My instinct says this may be a good tool to put to work in the current market...long relentless trend, other technicals starting to get very very mixed esp on a weekly basis, few key indices like trans and rut not confirming multi-yr highs, et al. I'm always looking to expand my arsenal of indicators, and this may provide the clarity/reinforcement for a fairly bearish finish to 2012 IMO. Will def post more on this once I get beneath the surface.

I'd recommend reading Jason Perl's book, "DeMark Indicators".
Opportunity knocks on your door every day-answer it.