QQQ

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 samsung

samsung

• Traders-Talk User
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:24 PM

Looks like another day in the indecision box, need too see a break out of it.. Maybe Monday will give more indication of direction from here.....

Posted Image

#2 samsung

samsung

• Traders-Talk User
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:38 PM

$NAMO afterhours update seems to be giving the indication of maybe a double top and a pullback?? Trust it or not??

Posted Image

#3 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 12:16 AM

FWIW, My indicators are 5 Buy / 1 Sell, though a couple are close to going negative. But, a good up day or two could make them solidly positive again. TM

#4 samsung

samsung

• Traders-Talk User
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:08 AM

Hey TradeMark, 5 buy and 1 sell signal, that sounds pretty positive.... Just wondering if you would share what your indicators are??? I know I can use all the help I can get... Thanks.........

#5 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:11 PM

Samsung, I really don't feel comfortable sharing all of them yet because I am in the process of just developing them, I don't think they are worthy until proven and tested a lot more. I do feel good about one, however. Specifically I trade QQQ, and only think it is pretty good for QQQ, don't know about anything else. Maybe it could be adapted to shorter time frames like intraday or days, but I use it for days and up to a couple weeks kind of spacing of trades. I mention this because I think you do daytrading. I think there is a lot more money to be made by trading more often, so if you find some adaptation that is useful in shorter time frames, that would be huge. Specifically it is the 3 day and 6 day simple moving average of price (of QQQ). If 3 crosses below 6 sell, 3 crosses above 6 buy. This combided with UFO's DEAD beats thorwing darts. Let me know what you think. TM

#6 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:18 PM

OOPS, Forgot to mention, it says buy now, but barely. This is the type of objective thing I am trying to develop. Either it is black or white. Not a subjective possibility or emotions allowed. TM

#7 samsung

samsung

• Traders-Talk User
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 02:47 PM

TM, Thanks for the advice of the 3/6 MA,, I will apply this too my charts and watch for a few days... OH,,, I did replace the original 60 min. chart with a longer term 240 min. chart going back about 8 months,,, so "REFRESH" your browser and bring in the new chart and I think the indecision boxes will make more sence.... In each of the cases the Q's have made somewhat of a move up, enough for the MACD too move up, and the enough of a move down for the MACD too cross down (this is where we are sitting at present)... In each case within a day or two of the move down we close back up close too the previous high (or close) and from that point we have dropped almost a dollar in the next day or two.... SO, I can see that the 3/6 MA is giving buy at present because we should close a little higher Monday or Tuesday and if history repeats its self like the past we should drop??????? BUT?? just because I posted this it probably won't happen this time,,, just my luck...... Anyway,,, I am still long looking for a slightly higher close too get short,,, but mostly watching the box too see if we move out the top???? Good trading and thanks again for 3/6 MA,, I will watch this.....

#8 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:50 PM

samsung, I see a couple lines on your chart that look like moving averages. What are those lines? Trying to understand the chart. Also, I wonder what would happen if you put 1170 and 2340 min MAs on your chart? That would be 3 and 6 day in minutes if my math is right. Also, maybe 240 x 3 and 240 x 6, if that is the basic unit of the chart, might yield some insight. Would be good to see a different chart so we can compare to the one already posted. thanks TM

#9 samsung

samsung

• Traders-Talk User
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 08:44 PM

The two lines on my chart is 10/20 which give about the same results as 3/6 on the daily chart.....

I am sure you keep track of your 3/6 MA,,, just too give idea,, here is a screen clip from a program I use at times for signals and the daily bar chart is programed with 3/6 MA cross overs with greene O and red X signals for buy and sell and a calculation of percent gain too the right.... The second chart is the actual trades the 3/6 cross would have triggered (price at market close) and the gain/loss of each trade...

Posted Image

Log of actual trades at market closing price for day of signal for the last 120 trading days...

Posted Image

#10 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 11:52 PM

samsung Wow!, you obviously came dressed to play. Those are some nice tools you have there!. If I am reading this right, it is saying that if you were to have used the 3/6 cross as a signal, you would have made 14.3% versus the buy and hold loss of .7%. Is that right? Even with some slippage, that would not be bad. Sorry btw, for big lag in posing, I was off to a hockey game, NCAA men's championship. Good game. Denver U won, but made it interesting is last two minutes. Re the chart, 10/20 wold be more like 6 and 12 day moving averages. I think the right moving averages would be 4.874 and 9.75. Maybe you can't enter averages like that, but maybe 5 and 10 would be closer for the chart. BTW, I like the idea of this QQQ thread on swing waves for QQQ traders. I think it was your idea if I recall correctly.