• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 stocktrender

stocktrender

• Traders-Talk User
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:30 AM

Add XLF to the non-confirmation list.

Bought back my faz this morning at 18.9. I think this rally is a fake out. Daily still looks like a sell here. Hourly overbought taken care of. We should know more by end of day. I think this rally will fade.

#12 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:33 AM

Add XLF to the non-confirmation list.

Bought back my faz this morning at 18.9. I think this rally is a fake out. Daily still looks like a sell here. Hourly overbought taken care of. We should know more by end of day. I think this rally will fade.

I think it's a fake out but if it does not fall here today. I am ok with it. I can wait...
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#13 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:37 AM

NYSE adv 3,043 (86%) decl 454 (13%) Even at this breadth plurality 3043 - 454 = +2589 net, the A/D line will not make new highs today. So bears still have one more day to prove themselves. But the odds are stacked heavily against the bears :)

Edited by NAV, 23 November 2009 - 10:38 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#14 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:48 AM

NYSE adv 3,043 (86%) decl 454 (13%)

If you're using the data at Yahoo its been corrupted since the NYSE and AMEX merger and should be tossed.

Actual NYSE A/D at 10:45 is 2535/322. As of last Friday we need 9569 data points on the raw NYSE A/D line to reach the all time highs.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#15 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:59 AM

NYSE adv 3,043 (86%) decl 454 (13%)

If you're using the data at Yahoo its been corrupted since the NYSE and AMEX merger and should be tossed.

Actual NYSE A/D at 10:45 is 2535/322.

Fib

What about stockcharts.com cumulative A/D line ? Is that accurate ?

As of last Friday we need 9569 data points on the raw NYSE A/D line to reach the all time highs.

Are you sure ? What's your source ?

According to stockcharts.com data, as of last friday, we required about 3700 points to make new recovery highs.

P.S - I see you are talking about all time highs. I was talking about new recovery highs above the Oct highs.

Edited by NAV, 23 November 2009 - 11:06 AM.

#16 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:08 AM

:) FWIW the NYC a/d ratio @ 11:00 was 6.87 and earlier was running 7.67 suggesting a change weaker about 10% Info NYC exchange data.
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#17 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:15 AM

I'm as sure as I can be...the Wall Street Journal. The data is free and can be found here (left side, a 1/4 way down).

The information that Stock Charts has been getting from Thomson has also been "off" for many months now. This is why I have taken it upon myself to track the data on the TICKQ as it showed the most blatant of errors last fall. I made a post on this last year in warning those who use Stock Charts to be cautious in anything breadth related. It should be stressed that (at this time) the structures of the A/D lines are fine, but it's the amplitudes that are in error (and woefully so).

The key to all of this though is consistency, and many data sources have had their problems in 2008 between the merger and the crash. I have found that the Wall Street Journal data has shown the best historical correspondence to the actual price data.

Below is the raw NYSE A/D line through last Friday for your further review.

Fib

Posted Image

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#18 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

I'm as sure as I can be...the Wall Street Journal. The data is free and can be found here (left side, a 1/4 way down).

The information that Stock Charts has been getting from Thomson has also been "off" for many months now. This is why I have taken it upon myself to track the data on the TICKQ as it showed the most blatant of errors last fall. I made a post on this last year in warning those who use Stock Charts to be cautious in anything breadth related. It should be stressed that (at this time) the structures of the A/D lines are fine, but it's the amplitudes that are in error (and woefully so).

The key to all of this though is consistency, and many data sources have had their problems in 2008 between the merger and the crash. I have found that the Wall Street Journal data has shown the best historical correspondence to the actual price data.

Below is the raw NYSE A/D line through last Friday for your further review.

Fib

Posted Image

Thanks Fib.

Now, it sucks, when you can't rely on these charting services ! :)

Edited by NAV, 23 November 2009 - 11:25 AM.

#19 SuperSwing

SuperSwing

• Traders-Talk User
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:30 AM

The average of A/D line is about 2000 lately. We are not over that much today. Looks like the market is topped for the day.

Edited by SuperSwing, 23 November 2009 - 11:32 AM.

Patience is a virtue. Wait for your opportunity and pounce.

#20 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

The average of A/D line is about 2000 lately.

Would you please clarify what you mean.

What data and what source are you referring to.

Thanks in advance.

mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!