Climategate U-turn. OOPS!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:22 PM

Climategate U-turn: World may not be warming, say scientists...

'Lost the relevant papers'...

Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995

Professor Jones said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.

Skeptics Real scientists said this was the first time a senior scientist working with the IPCC had admitted to the possibility that the Medieval Warming Period could have been global, and therefore the world could have been hotter then than now.

Professor Jones admitted the lack of organisation in the system had contributed to his reluctance to share data with critics, which he regretted.
But Dr Benny Pieser, director of the sceptical real scientists' Global Warming Policy Foundation, said Professor Jones’s ‘excuses’ for his failure to share data were hollow as he had shared it with colleagues and ‘mates’.

He said that until all the data was released, sceptics real scientists could not test it to see if it supported the conclusions claimed by climate change advocates.

He added that the professor’s concessions over medieval warming were ‘significant’ because they were his first public admission that the science was not settled.

#2 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:47 PM

Some help from Bill Nye the Science Guy:

Link

mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:07 AM

C'mon. It's hooey. Nothing scientific. The FACT, is, there's been no warming over the past 12 years or more. No legerdemain will change that. If you, as a highly trained professional in a scientific field care to weigh in, I'm going to say, do better. We're not buying the line any more. Not at all. The science supports skepticism. If you aren't a skeptic, then you're naive or you have an agenda or, you're intellectually lazy. I'm accusing you, personally of the latter. Prove me wrong, or promise me a beer. I'll match you with one but that's beside the point regardless of the outcome. M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

Climate scientists withdraw claims of rising sea levels...
Scientists have been forced to withdraw a study on projected sea level rise due to global warming after finding mistakes that undermined the findings.

Didn't they say the science was settled? :lol:

I think maybe the settlement wasn't science.

#5 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:58 AM

It's shocking and disturbing to me how much utter garbage has been fed to a trusting public in the name of science. Most people don't know how bad it really is, but with each new revelation they are becoming more and more cynical about science in general. One arcane "error" in an IPCC study isn't enough to change anyone's views, but with new evidence of chicanery being presented as truth, sloppy science being presented as "settle science", and propaganda being presented as science itself, people are getting the message. This is bad for science and bad for humanity. The climate alarmists should be ashamed.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:06 AM

If you believe in witches and you look for witches, a wart is proof enough.
Add a fearful crowd with pitchforks you have the makings of a witch burning.

See how the scientific method can be used based on a wart and some fudged data. LINK

But it's not the first time:
The Piltdown hoax is perhaps the most famous paleontological hoax in history. It has been prominent for two reasons: the attention paid to the issue of human evolution, and the length of time (more than 40 years) that elapsed from its discovery to its full exposure as a forgery.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 22 February 2010 - 09:17 AM.

#7 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:20 AM

Mission Impossible - Climategate

Climatologist to a climatologist: "Confidential...This message will self destruct in 10 seconds"

-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#8 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

New leak of hacked global warming scientist emails

'We're choosing periods to show warming'
'Science is being manipulated - it might not be too clever in the long run'
'Climate change is a "better label" than global warming
'

"I’m sure you agree–the Mann/Jones GRL paper was truly pathetic and should
never have been published. I don’t want to be associated with that 2000 year
“reconstruction”."

Briffa:
"I find myself in the strange position of being very skeptical of the quality of
all present reconstructions, yet sounding like a pro greenhouse zealot here!"

Climategate 2

Climategate 2
-- -
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#9 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

We are on track to break a 100 year record for the longest gap between major hurricanes hitting the mainland.

Global warming will produce more hurricanes like Katrina. The science is settled.

It has been 2,226 days since the last major hurricane (Category 3 or higher) hit the US mainland. The science is settled.

link
-- -

#10 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:48 PM

24 New Year’s Resolutions For Climate Scientists

I will admit that warming has been much slower than we expected
I will admit that recent sea level rise is nothing unusual or threatening
I will admit that our forecasts of declining snow cover were wrong
I will admit that Arctic temperatures are cyclical, and that we have no idea what will happen to Arctic ice over the next 50 years
I will admit that our forecasts of Antarctic warming have been a total failure.
I will admit that Polar Bear populations are not threatened
I will admit that climate models have demonstrated no skill, and are nothing more than research projects

etc, etc, etc

real science
-- -